PDA

View Full Version : Poker room rate at the Luxor?

CrackerZack
11-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Their website makes it real hard to get in touch with the poker room. Anyone know of the rate and the reqts? They're stuff is so cheap that its probably not worth even bothering but wanted to check.

Thanks.

rkiray
11-07-2003, 02:57 PM
I stayed there about three years ago and I think the rate was either $49 or $59 on a weeknight, about $30 off. You only had to play 4 hours a day. But that room was often slow. If you stay request a tower room, much nicer that pyramid rooms IMO.

stantheman
11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
While I found the tower rooms newer and nicer inside, the pyramid rooms are much closer to the "action" (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on what you're looking for). If you do go pyramid, make sure you request a high floor; if you plan to sleep at some point during the night the music from RA makes it difficult if you are too low.

I only played there on a Monday (or Tues, don't remember) and yes, the room was very slow. They run some kind of tournament on weekday afternoons but other that that, there was only one 2/4 HE spread that day. A bunch of local regulars mixed in with a few 1st time-playing tourists, nothing special overall though... I think I walked out up 8 or 9 BB after 4 or 5 hours. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif