PDA

View Full Version : Calling any lawyers...might be way off topic

morgant
11-07-2003, 01:46 PM
If this should not be here my apologies but....
my friend was driving several weeks ago and totaled the car while i was shotgun(he was drunk), no one got hurt...but i am now having shooting pains down my legs and saw a neurologist, mri, something might be wrong in my back blah blah blah.....is this something i should seek a lawyer for, do i recover medical expenses or more, how does this usually pan out, and if you want me to pay for YOUR legal consultation..so be it..
-sometimes young, always stupid

Boris
11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
You should be a man and accept the consequences of your decision to get in the car with a drunk driver. The last thing you should be doing is asking who you can sue. Don't be a prick. I had an injury similiar to yours as a result of a skiing accident. You will experience lots of pain. Physical therapy and regular exercise will eventually cure what ails you.

HDPM
11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
You need to see a competent lawyer in your state to talk about this stuff. Laws vary from state to state as to comparitive or contributory negligence, auto insurance, etc... Too many variables and you probably shouldn't discuss facts of the case here. Most personal injury attorneys won't charge you any fee for a consultation. But find somebody good where you are. No lawyer from another state can give you advice on your case. So don't take this post as legal advice or me practicing law in your state. See somebody there who specializes in plaintiffs' personal injury work.

andyfox
11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Your pain does sound like it's neurological, a type of sciatica perhaps. This is usually caused by a ruptured or bulging disc impinging on the nerve. Unfortunately, I can tell you from experience, it ain't a lot of fun.

I'd be more worried about the medical condition first. But if you didn't have this until the accident, you would be wise to consult a lawyer about your options.

elwoodblues
11-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Call a local lawyer to get your options. If you need help finding a good one, try calling your local county bar association --- they can refer you.

morgant
11-07-2003, 02:39 PM
I dont think i was being a prick or less than a man, as i have never sued anyone or contemplated it in this matter i was merely asking what is done about medical bills and hopefully that is where it will end without anything further.

Ray Zee
11-07-2003, 06:55 PM
you are stupid for riding with him and partially at fault. sorry. but that is what he has insurance for and you may also. insurance is for negligent acts and this is one. we all do dumb things and pay insurance to bail us out for our actions. when it is time to collect you should collect. as for suing him personally for more than he may be covered for i dont think so. although you would probably win.

Chris Alger
11-07-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm a lawyer. You should call one that specializes in personal injury. Today. Ask a lot of details about all of your options before you sign a thing. He'll be able to answer all the questions you've raised here.