PDA

View Full Version : Good Wholesome Las Vegas Fun and Politics

HDPM
11-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Here's an article about the federal indictments on various Clark County officials. web page (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Nov-07-Fri-2003/news/22539803.html)

This is all so nuts, but it shows the dangers of government at so many different levels. It is folly of course for the government to regulate as much as it does. Where there is regulation there is corruption. The you have these indictments for relatively low level corruption that carry massive prison sentences. The only real harm is to the competitors of Galardis clubs, which I think is a genuine problem. But it wouldn't be if they didn't try to so closely regulate the clubs. Wouldn't it just be so much simpler to let a healthy wholesome young woman do what she wants for her money, and not regulate things to the point that every government official has a hand in... so every government official has an interest in it I mean. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

andyfox
11-07-2003, 01:12 PM
C'mon the number of crooks serving in public office in Nevada outweighs the number of honest people by several zillion metric tonnes. If there were only one law on the books, honest enforcement of that law would lead to several zillion indictments each year.

This was a classic:

"Oh my gosh, really?" Kincaid-Chauncey said when a reporter told her of the grand jury's decision. "They indicted me? I'm surprised. I can't imagine what they're indicting me on."

Oh my gosh. Maybe she meant she couldn't imagine which they're indicting her on. /images/graemlins/smile.gif