PDA

View Full Version : AK hand too much, too little, or just right?

morgant
11-07-2003, 12:16 PM
playing 10 person 5/10 at UB, hand from two nights ago so a little fuzzy on details. I have only played an orbit so no real reads on people. Get AKo in MP. UTG limps UTG+1 limps, raise to me...i call fold to BB who completes. FLop comes A K 3(?), rainbow...alright this should be my ideal flop...do i raise em now or wait a bit?, one bet to me, i call, call around to UTG who raises? so i figure now i should raise and isolate him so no other fluke hands get a shot at this...correct thinking? i do so and he is the only caller now, turn is a beautiful ace!!!!!! we cap the turn(chit i guess i am choppin), and i manage to get two bets on the river(blank), he has A-8!!!?!?!?!?! who cares, thanks for the donation i am not complaining.....question, on the flop should i have reraised, or tried to keep in the other two players?

crockpot
11-07-2003, 12:21 PM
looks fine. hard to tell from your fuzzy details, but i think a three-bet is good to give bad odds to a gutshot, which is the most likely hand for the stragglers.

i think you played it well because UTG was pretty much marked as not having aces or kings when he failed to reraise preflop. a set of threes seems pretty remote, although it is possible.

good play.