PDA

View Full Version : Another routine hand?

MaxPower
11-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Party Poker 5/10 (9 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is UTG

Hero raises, MP2 calls, BB calls

Flop(6.4 SB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, BB folds, Hero calls

Turn(5.2 BB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero folds

On the turn, I almost have odds to call for a six-outer. Should I?

Aces McGee
11-07-2003, 11:54 AM
I prefer to limp UTG with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. If it was spades, then I like the raise.

Seriously, isn't KQs one of those hands that "likes" a multi-way pot? I limp with it in EP pretty much 100% of the time. Is that bad?

To answer your other question, I think I'd fold to his turn bet. You raised preflop and bet out, and he raised you. It depends on the player of course, but your "outs" may not be outs at all, and even if they are, as you say, you don't have the odds to continue.

Aces McGee

Aces McGee

crockpot
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
On the turn, I almost have odds to call for a six-outer. Should I?

no. what are the odds you actually have six outs here? if your opponent is raising on a jack, it is probably at least a 50% shot that his kicker is a queen or king. if he has a set, you are drawing dead. he might even have smooth called preflop with an overpair to the board.

the point is, you probably have an average of three outs or so, and have no business calling on the turn. in fact, i don't think a fold on the flop is unreasonable.