PDA

View Full Version : 79s in the SB - 12 or 15 outer?

ccwhoelse?
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
wow, slavic's thingamajig worked. he's the man.

i haven't really played for a few weeks now

Party Poker 0.50/1 (7 handed)
Hero has 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

CO limps, Button limps, Hero limps, BB checks

Flop(4 SB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, BB calls, CO raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls

Turn(5.5 BB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, CO calls

River(7.5 BB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

ok, on the flop, if BB had an ace, my Q outs would be no good so i 3-bet. good idea, bad idea?

is not 3-betting the river weak?
is not 3-betting the river weak if the river card a a club that didn't pair the board?

Aces McGee
11-07-2003, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is not 3-betting the river weak if the river card a a club that didn't pair the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you have to worry about a full house here. There's nothing about this hand that makes me think CO had a set on the flop -- he didn't raise preflop, cap the flop to charge flushes and straights, or pop you on the turn. And I think over the long haul, you'll miss alot of bets by fearing hands like K2, J2, and T2.

Aces McGee

ccwhoelse?
11-07-2003, 08:14 PM
so, you are saying i should 3-bet

GrinningBuddha
11-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Note that there are a number of A /images/graemlins/club.gif x /images/graemlins/club.gif hands that would play exactly the same way as your opponent. A scared JJ or TT may play the same way as well, however unlikely.

me454555
11-07-2003, 11:53 PM
I'd be a lil worried about Ax or Kx b/c CO limped, and was calling you down. The only hands I think you'd be ahead of at this point is 56 /images/graemlins/club.gif or a lower suited connector. You made the right call by just calling it down and not 3-betting the river.

Nutz&Boltz
11-08-2003, 02:29 AM
Ok, enlighten my dumbass, why should he reraise the flop to make other draws pay. Don't you want more callers in on a 3-1 proposition? I have never heard of raising when you are on a draw to make other draws pay. I would call the raz on the flop.

ccwhoelse?
11-08-2003, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why should he reraise the flop to make other draws pay. Don't you want more callers in on a 3-1 proposition? I have never heard of raising when you are on a draw to make other draws pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't not say i should raise to make others pay. he said, that my opponent did not cap on the flop.

if you are referring to my 3-bet, i wanted the BB to fold.

ccwhoelse?
11-08-2003, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Note that there are a number of A /images/graemlins/club.gif x /images/graemlins/club.gif hands that would play exactly the same way as your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. my understanding is that it is rare to be shown Axs if you have a flush. maybe it's not as rare as i believe it to be, in which case i would be right in not 3-betting the river.

that is what i'm leaning towards now, so i guess my understanding is changing. but no one addressed my flop 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
A scared JJ or TT may play the same way as well, however unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's more likely that it's an idiot with JJ or TT or KK than a scared JJ or TT at this level

Nottom
11-08-2003, 03:26 AM
I like the flop 3-bet. You really want BB to fold an A if he has one and its solid value bet even heads up if that player doesn't have an A.

Nutz&Boltz
11-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Why is it a good value bet to reraise to get heads up when you are on a 3-1 draw?

ccwhoelse?
11-08-2003, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it a good value bet to reraise to get heads up when you are on a 3-1 draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i have a 15-outer, it's not 3-1. i am a little more than even money in a headsup situation. i have a 54% chance of making my hand by the river.

if the BB has an Ace, my queen outs are no good. i so 3-bet in hopes of getting him to fold his gutshot. i have no real reason to suspect that he has an Ace but whatever, i did it anyway.