PDA

View Full Version : Good QQ laydown?

chesspain
11-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Party 1/2 Passive game--not overly loose or tight

I'm in the SB, and am dealt Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG calls, folded to MP who calls, folded to button who calls, I raise, BB folds, limpers both call (7SB).

6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, both call (10SB)

[6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, both call (!?) [8BB]

[6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, MP bets, button raises, I fold, MP calls....

Is there anyone here who would have made this crying coldcall?

Mike Gallo
11-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Is there anyone here who would have made this crying coldcall?

Depends on the day and my mood. If I felt as if players played back at me a loit and I folded too much on the river I call. If I want to see someone proudly display A 9 offsuit, I would call. If I wanted to pay someone off and say "Damn I knew he had A9 but I had to see" I call.
However if I feel confident in my read and the action that led to the read I would fold.

I think you made the correct fold.

brian0729
11-07-2003, 10:39 AM
I think the fold here is a good one. I have a hand posted right below this that is very similar to this one. I had KK. Most of my action happened on the turn as opposed to the river. You have been raising and betting the whole hand and if they are typical calling stations who all of the sudden came to life, your beat. Im waiting for some more feedback as well.

BigEndian
11-07-2003, 12:17 PM
I think it was a good fold, I would check-raise the turn on my aggressive days. This does a couple of things: 1) it shows them that you're willing to CR with less than a big hand and will show dividends down the road. 2) It punishes the third player who's coming along with a marginal hand and reveals them for the fish they are.

- Groove

chesspain
11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Minor correction:

There were four to the flop and turn, with UTG folding with the turn bet.

Results:

MP showed A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the rivered straight
Button showed J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for runner-runner flush

Sarge85
11-07-2003, 03:11 PM
I posted a hand earlier - very similiar, I held AA. I wish i had had your discipline and at the very least slowed down. Good read...