PDA

View Full Version : Did I deserve this?

cosmo kramer
11-07-2003, 03:31 AM
2/4 B&M. The game is loose and passive, so it is perfect. Anyway, I am in the $1 SB. There are 6 limpers to me and I complete with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB checks his option.

Flop is:
9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I bet, get one call, then a raise. I have never seen the raiser before. We get two coldcallers, I reraise and he caps. Four of us to the turn.

Turn:
5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I bet, the 3 others call.

River:
10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I check, flop raiser bets, gets one call, I overcall.

Here are my questions:
1) Should I not have completed preflop?
2) What about my river check and overcall?

Also, any other thoughts on my play on all streets are appreciated.

tj00
11-07-2003, 03:46 AM
I muck that preflop, waste of a good chip. Bet the river.

SoCalPat
11-07-2003, 04:00 AM
Muck preflop. If it were suited, I'd probably complete with this much multiway action.

Good play to three-bet the flop. You want to make the flush draws pay, and all you're behind to here is 99, 97, K7 or A7. More often than not, you'll have a better kicker.

Good of you to bet the turn. I think the action here means you're safely ahead. I don't know why the flop capper would just call here if he really had a monster, especially in light of your aggression on the flop and the fact that there are two players others out there who can't possibly have much of anything in relation to your and his hand. He's costing himself bets by not raising here.

You're not laying this down on the river, obviously. Are you thinking you should raise here? I'm curious as to what others think. Personally, I'm leaning toward raising, but I'll hear arguments from the other side too.

Bob T.
11-07-2003, 04:22 AM
Getting 15-1 I think that you can call here preflop. You have to flop big to continue, but in this case you did.

The overcall on the river is fine, I don't understand why you checked though. I would have bet the river, unless there is something here I don't understand.

Yeknom58
11-07-2003, 06:00 AM
The guy who capped the flop played his hand in a strange fashion. What did he have? It looks like he had a diamond draw and was running a bluff on the end or he had AT of diamonds and though his T on the end was good, just a guess.

After the turn action I would definitely bet the river because it seems like there is a high probability that it might get checked through.

After you checked the overcall was correct as I think a raise gets you less action.

lil'
11-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Although it's cheap to enter the hand, I would muck the Q-7 because it's a really boring hand and it doesn't do stuff.

I dunno why you checked the river when an apparent blank falls.

chesspain
11-07-2003, 08:53 AM
1. Muck preflop with this garbage. You will be out of position for the rest of the hand, and the flop you luckily hit will be one of the very few about which you will feel good. Unless your post-flop skills are very, very good, it's best to release a hand like this where you could find yourself chasing with second or third best.

2. I'ld bet the river, and call a raise.

Mike Gallo
11-07-2003, 09:04 AM
1) Should I not have completed preflop?

I would not have completed, however I probably play my blinds way too tight.

2) What about my river check and overcall?

I would have bet, what did you fear other than someone having 10 10 99 or A 7

Also, any other thoughts on my play on all streets are appreciated.

After you flopped trips the hand played itself. You have to charge the flush draws on the flop. Even thought the draw will not fold, charge them accordingly.

cosmo kramer
11-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks for all responses. In this blind structure, I usually complete the SB for 1 chip with most hands against this many limpers. I think I have the ability to get away from hands unless I flop big, like I did here.

As for my river check, it was wrong and I should have bet. What confused me was the other players in the hand. I knew one had a flush draw, the flop raiser probably had a seven, but I couldn't put the other player on a hand. I was fearing a straight, but I still should have bet. Even if he had a straight, he wasn't going to raise. Anyway, flop raiser had A-7, no idea what the other guy had. Thanks again for the responses.

Mike Gallo
11-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Hellloooooo Kramer,

Anyway, flop raiser had A-7,
I usually complete the SB for 1 chip with most hands against this many limpers. I think I have the ability to get away from hands unless I flop big, like I did here.

You didnt get away from the hand here, and it cost you a lot more than one chip in the end.

LetsRock
11-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Q7 off is not a playable hand for me. Muck it. If it was suited, I might have paid to see the flop (but then again I', pretty tight).

After the flop, ram and jam. You got a little bit of a bad break going against the A7. But that's the reason you stay away from these hands to start with. Barring a QQQ, 777, QQ7 or Q77 flop, you're pretty much never comfortable with this hand and being uncomfortable is no fun.