PDA

View Full Version : Lady Iris

andyfox
11-07-2003, 12:24 AM
The infamous Lady Iris sits down in our 30-60 game. She is waiting for a set in the 40-80 game. After not winning a hand for a few minutes, she yells for the floorman, asking him how long she has to play in this piece of shitt.

By and by I flop a set. A third spade comes on the river and they all check to me. I bet and they all fold to Lady Iris. She calls. It turn over my pocket jacks. She turns over the 8h-7h. The board is something like Js-Tc-6s-3d-2s.

We all look real close. It seems a pretty loose call. She says oh shitt, I thought I had a straight. As the pot is given to me, she gets up as they have called her to the 40-80 game.

The giggling starts. Pretty soon there is laughter followed by guffawing. One player says to me "you got a gift out of her." I reply, looking around at the goodfellas at the table, that had it been anyone else, I would have given it back.

At that, the silent non-guffawer next to me says, "You give Iris back the money, I break both your friggin' arms."

Guffawing gave way to hysteria.

mike l.
11-07-2003, 04:54 PM
this is a little tacky but since we do name her by name and this is the gossip forum and so on, im just wondering where does she get her money?? i mean, id be willing to guess she drops 6 figures easy in that place every year.

Boris
11-07-2003, 05:58 PM
I remember playing at a table with Iris and looking at all the diamonds at the table. There must have been at least 22 carats. It was incredible really.

andyfox
11-07-2003, 06:25 PM
I don't know. If I did, I probably wouldn't say. The only reason I use her name is to publicize her bad behavior at the poker table, which is inexcusable, and deserves the widest possible exposure and censure.