PDA

View Full Version : Final Table, KQo

ajizzle
11-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey guys. Don't know if I should post this in the no-limit or Tourney forum, so decided to post it at both.

Just played in the TGC Rookie Freeroll, where there were 350 some players and tons of 2+2ers, given we all started our accounts at The Gaming CLub this week for the OIC (Open Internet Challenge).

7 players left, 2000/4000 blinds, and have 29,000 in chips, UTG with KhQc.
Open raise the minimun, making it 8000 to go. BB will have 360 chips left if he folds. SB has close to 90,000 chips and is the big stack. All fold to SB, who calls. BB folds.

Dealing FLop: Qh Tc 6c

Have top pair on the flop. NORMALLY, I would push all-in with my medium to small sized stack, but decided that I will only bet the minimun, since I do not want to be busted out before the BB. Since he would be all in the next hand, I wanted to risk as little as possible, but still try to win the hand. Nontheless, SB calls 4000

Dealing Turn: Qh Tc 6c 8c

Not good, but SB checks to me again. Don't know if he's slowplaying, so I bet out again, this time 8000, but he still calls. I assume he has a T or 6. I seriously thought of pushing here, but once again, I didn't want to risk busting out before the BB. Even though doubling up would have put me in a good position to make the top 3, 7th place paid 120 and 1st place payed only 240 (it was a freeroll remember).

Dealing River: Qh Tc 6c 8c 2c

Big stack checks again. I once again bet the min, hoping he would fold, but he once again called. I definitely didn't want to push here because of the four flush, even though I had the Qc in my hand. I figured he was calling PF with high cards, so there was a possibility that he had a higher flush.

He turned over AcTd. He had the pair of tens like I thought, but also had the flush.

I was left with 1000 chips in my stack, with the BB the next hand. Probably the worst thing that could've have happend.

Luckily, I won the next hand on my all in blind, SB lost, and someone else busted before the blinds got back to me, so I finished 5th, the highest of any 2+2ers in the tourney.

Any and all comments appreciated.

Ajizzle

Bozeman
11-06-2003, 10:06 PM
You shouldn't bet the river here.

Don't play a hand if you aren't willing to push in order to win it.

Craig

chesspain
11-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Why play a marginal hand like KQo, out of position, if you're cautiously waiting for another player to blind out?