PDA

View Full Version : Play Analysis

gcue
11-06-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm fairly new so I'm just looking for evaluation throughout

1/2 6 max game a PP , just sat down so no reads on players yet

I'm dealt 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB, folded to the button who limps , I call BB raises Button calls, I call

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, button raises, I call, BB 3bets, button calls , I cap

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I bet , call, call

River 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I'm thinking my preflop call is too loose without at least 2 limpers, as well as my preflop raise call (both getting only 5-1 on my money)

What do you think of the flop cap? good or bad?

I probably should have check called the river too, otherwise I've got a tough decision to make if raised, right?

stripsqueez
11-06-2003, 07:29 PM
playing 56s in this posistion is going to be controversial

i do it a lot - i play some 3/6 5 max when the SB is $1 and i'm confident i would bin it with that blind structure nearly all the time

i did some quick maths on the flop and i reckon you need to put in $2 to win $7 looking at around 9-10 outs so i think calling is ok - capping is optional - i think when the flop comes back to you 3 bet you should be thinking of the best way to capitalise if you hit on the turn and capping the flop doesnt seem to me to be the best way to get action on the turn when you hit - capping isnt going to buy you a free card from the SB, or cause players in a 1/2 6 max game to fold at a later time, and i dont think 2/1 for your cap is great value especially if it kills action when you do hit

you dont have a tough decision if a river bet is raised - put $2 in promptly

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

soda
11-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Um, preflop - I'd throw in the half chip unless the BB was overaggressive and raised alot. Once he does raise, I'd throw it away if I thought he was a tight raiser or a good player. If I think he's a chump, I call. With no read here - I FOLD. My default action is to fold marginals until I have reads and then loosen up. I know some great players who do exactly the opposite though, so I guess it's up to your own style.

On the flop, with the flush draw and being out of position, I feel this cap is not good at all. I like to cap in position as a show of strength to have everyone check to me. With the flush draw, your hand is much weaker. You may not even be able to continue past the turn if a spade comes off.

The turn is great, but your cap killed the action. The river is terrible, but I bet and call any raise. If it's raised twice by the time it gets back to me I'd muck.

Nice hand, hope you won.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

soda

BTW - you are a dork.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif