PDA

View Full Version : Fold KK overpair?

Brian
11-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Party 3/6. Table is pretty loose, no reads on any of the players.

Dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP. UTG+1, EP limp, I raise, MP2 poster folds, folded to BB who calls, rest call. 4 to the Flop for 9sb.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, EP raises, I re-raise, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, EP caps it, we both call. 3 to the Turn for 21sb (10.5bb)

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 bets out again, EP raises. Your move?

-Brian

ThingDo
11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
KK = Toast /images/graemlins/wink.gif Fold

Thomsen
11-06-2003, 05:51 PM
I would not fold overpair here - this could just as easily be someone with aq raising to stop a flushdraw or maybe a flushdraw trying to get a free turncard

ThingDo
11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
He raised PF, he 3 bet the flop, called a cap... and now there is a bet and a raise to him. Unless the players in question are complete maniacs then I think this is an easy fold.

BaronVonCP
11-06-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm with Thingdo on this one.

Fold. They are saying they can beat top pair. If they can beat top paidr, they can beat KK.

banditbdl
11-06-2003, 06:39 PM
I'd call, maybe even raise one more time. I've just seen too many players play their flush draw the way EP could potentially be playing it right now. Seems to me that UTG+1 has a Q and decided to bet it again when a safe card fell on the turn. EP is trying to tell you he has a hand like yours beat and I know he might have flopped a set, but I'm reluctant to give him credit for it in a game like this where I don't know much about the players. I've seen players cap the flop and raise the turn on the flush draw too many times to fold the overpair.

Ulysses
11-06-2003, 06:47 PM
With the flush draw out there, I wouldn't fold. QQ is unlikely, so you're really worried about 22 and 55. (Sure, you could be against a crap flopped two pair or Q9 as well). But you're only in really bad shape v. 22 and 55.

Considering the chances of 22 and 55 (with a little thought given to the two pair hands) v. the possible combinations of top-pair and flush draw hands, I'd call or maybe 3-bet.

Brian
11-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi everyone,

My assessement of the situation was similiar to Ulysses'. If he has 2 pair, I have an 8 outer. If he flopped a set, he's going to have to show it to me, because the pot is quite large. And if hes on a flush draw, then he better hope he hits.

I wound up calling the Turn.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Welp, theres the Flush, and no improvement to my hand. UTG+1 bet again, EP raised again, and I... Well, I'd like to say I folded, but I didn't. I've had a bad run here all week and wasn't helping myself by drowning another 2 big bets, but there was some glimmer of hope in me that he had AQ.

UTG+1: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif How stubborn this guy is
EP: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

-Brian