PDA

View Full Version : For Boris: Eureka Steelhead

Ed I
11-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Good article, rundown on many streams that were mentioned.

www.flyfisherman.com/southwest/jneureka (http://www.flyfisherman.com/southwest/jneureka)

Boris
11-06-2003, 01:26 PM

Ray Zee
11-07-2003, 01:33 AM
hey boris borders books just opened in kalispell. so i went in today and low and behold the dec. issue of fly fisherman has an article on the smith for steelhead. talks about my favorite spot for beauty on it at the jedidiah redwoods park.

M2d
11-07-2003, 02:28 AM
rivers are swelling from what I hear. Chromers supposed to be stacked up at the rivermouths looking for a way in.
Me? I'm headed north...for some bay stripers in Marin. they're still in the bay, and within easy casting distance from shore. The rain should ensure that I have the spot all to myself.

Ed I
11-07-2003, 11:40 AM
I guess you won't be packing the 2wt. Read some articles yrs ago on striper fishing. Looked like fun if you didn't get knocked over by the surf. Have a great trip.

It is fun when the fish first come in from the ocean, I even got lucky some of the time.

Ed I
11-07-2003, 11:45 AM
I had some great days getting skunked at Jedidiah State Park, fish rolling all around and nary a touch. Great place to winter camp.

Ray Zee
11-07-2003, 12:09 PM
and what a majestic place to just be. being in the redwoods must be one of the best experiences a person can have if he is at peace with himself.