PDA

View Full Version : KJos, this time UTG

BigEndian
11-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Thoughts on my play here?

Party Poker 2/4 (8 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is UTG

Hero limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, SB raises, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls

Flop(10 SB): 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB raises, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, SB caps, Hero calls, MP2 calls

Turn(11 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, SB calls

River(14 BB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, SB calls, Hero calls

- Groove

XPac
11-06-2003, 11:43 AM
I think you played it fine after the flop, however I don't usually play KJo UTG so I would've mucked it myself.

crockpot
11-06-2003, 11:44 AM
fold pre-flop, three-bet the river.

unless the raiser has pocket sevens (very unlikely) you should have him beat.

BigEndian
11-06-2003, 11:48 AM
On a normal table, I would agree. This table had two 1/2 maniacs who had also been hitting a wonderful run of cards. The unfortunate part of the table last night, was I was in the absolute worst position for playing against these players - the three of them were right next to each other and I was dead across the table.

- Groove

Joe Tall
11-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Big Daddy,

FOLD PREFLOP.

3-bet the river.

Peace,
Puff Daddy

rkiray
11-06-2003, 12:34 PM
You should always fold KJo in ep. It's a much easier fold with three maniacs left to act. What do you do if it comes back to you and you have to put 2 or 3 more bets in? This is much too weak a hand for that kind of action. At the table you describe I'd only play KJo in lp for 1 bet. Too good a chance someone will raise with it.

lil'
11-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Heh, the title of your post is a problem. K-Jo and UTG shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Louie Landale
11-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Lets forget about "UTG" positioning. 8 handed there are 5 players behind you. I call that MP and KJo is about as weak a hand as you can play. If you play, your should raise.

I'm not used to all this mindless aggression in the opponents, but I would be paranoid on the river [] SB MAY have a set, but unlikely [] MP could easily have a set and been slow-playing [] MP has to be an idiot to raise with K7 on the river. 3-bet if SB is reasonably aggressive (would raise with a set) and if MP would NOT slow-play a set. That's a fairly common situation.

- Louie

BigEndian
11-06-2003, 02:47 PM
MP has to be an idiot to raise with K7 on the river.

Worse, he had a busted flush draw but a slow-played set was on my mind.

- Groove