PDA

View Full Version : KJos from UTG+1

BigEndian
11-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Here's a hand that I see as a mistake of mine. Immediately after I pressed the fold button it occured to me that I was getting excellent odds for the gutshot - whoops.

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP1

Hero limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button raises, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls

Flop(9.5 SB): Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Button folds, Hero folds, MP3 calls

Turn(5.75 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP3 checks, CO bets, MP3 calls

River(7.75 BB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

MP3 checks, CO bets, MP3 calls

- Groove

Joe Tall
11-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Big E Smalls,

The open-limp w/KJo in a loose-passive game is bad news. You should be folding this, or at least raising with it.

Yes, you should have taken one off the flop with your odds.

Peace,
P. Diddy

BigEndian
11-06-2003, 11:42 AM
I guess a table description would also help. This table had two maniacs on it, and a borderline third.

- Groove

Guido
11-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Pre-flop: Fold
Flop: Call

The rest is easy. Don't call with this in EP, especially if you're first in.

GuyOnTilt
11-06-2003, 11:45 AM
First off, I don't think posters here give enough info in their hand posts. Additional info besides just the action is very important, and this hand is a perfect example.

Preflop: You didn't say what type of table this was. This is very important for your preflop play. If it's loose/passive like a typical Party 2/4 table, you should be mucking this hand, even though you're 9-handed IMO.

Flop: You most certainly should not fold here. I like a check-raise here. Betting would've been good as well, and check-calling comes in 3rd. Folding doesn't even cross my mind. You didn't say what types of opponents you were against, or what type of hand the CO would need to bet here. Important stuff.

Joe Tall
11-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Yo Bigs,

[ QUOTE ]
This table had two maniacs on it, and a borderline third.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more reason not to limp in EP w/KJo.

Peace,
Puffy

Mike Gallo
11-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Big Endian,

Learn to fold KJ offsuit. It will lose the maximum while winning the minimum.

Fold.

lil'
11-06-2003, 12:40 PM
The more posts I read from you, the more it becomes clear that you need to work on your pre-flop game. You are making mistakes in all of these hands.

Sarge85
11-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Guy -

Why check-raise this flop?

IMO Semi-Bluff's rarely work in low limit, and a semi-bluff check-raise is even more costly.

Or do you view this as a value bet?