PDA

View Full Version : KK hand to review

NoTalent
11-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Hi--this is my first hand up for review. I've been mostly just reading everyone else's posts.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls, Hero caps, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(16 SB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets, SB calls, BB folds, Hero folds

What do you think of my laydown here? My thoughts are that with the pre-flop betting capped and 4 callers--someone has to have Ax right?

SoCalPat
11-06-2003, 02:09 AM
The pot is too big at this point for me to lay KK down for one SB at this point. Sure, you're 23-1 to improve, and the pot is laying you 18-1 when it comes back to you, but giving up on a hand such as KK so quickly because an ace is on the board is a little on the weak side, IMO, especially at microlimits, where people will aggressively bet anything.

NoTalent
11-06-2003, 02:30 AM
Your analysis was correct.
SB had Qc 9d /images/graemlins/confused.gif
and MP3 took it down with: Qd Qs

I just thought that with that many people in the pot I would have been drawing dead. I need to learn how to not be so weak and hold on to hands like that..

me454555
11-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Your not drawing dead, you had 2 other K's to help ya out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That is the exact reason that it's so important to bet out on the flop in this situation. If your raised, you can safely assume your opponent has an Ace and you can act accordingly.

Bob T.
11-06-2003, 05:25 AM
If someone has Ax and showed it to me, I would call on the flop closing the action, getting 18-1 to take one card off.

moondogg
11-06-2003, 09:14 AM
(Hi all, I'm a newbie: have read a lot, but still not a consistent winner)

Ok, if you get raised, you're probably beat.
But (and this is a situation I find myself in alot) What do you do when you when you get one or two callers (suggesting probably a Axs or a paired 9)? Do you come out betting on the turn? If so, I'm guessing you check/call the river if called on the turn.

rigoletto
11-06-2003, 09:25 AM
It's not a bad fold in this type of game and If you where first to act check folding would be correct most of the time. with the 3 bettor (being the last to act) on your left you could bet the flop and hope that MP3 will raise and fold any weak Aces before you: he's likely to have TT-AA and you are ahead 4 out of 5 times. If MP3 just calls and you still get HU, you should bet it all the way.

If you get several callers you can check the turn (MP3 will not bet a pocket pair other than A's here in fear of a checkraise) and call the river. Fold to any real action.

josie_wales
11-06-2003, 09:53 AM
There is a lot of money in the pot. Depending on what type of players you are against, the 3-bet could have been on a lot f hands...especially at those limits. He could have been trying to isolate and take it down on the flop.

With the amount in the pot, I would try a check-raise for information. If he was trying to take it on the flop by betting, a check raise will let you know where you stand. If he re-reraises you, you may be beat.

Please take in mind this is coming from a relative-rookie,
Josie Wales