PDA

View Full Version : How many mistakes did I make?

Che
11-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Stars 100+9 Multi just after the first break
84/185 left- blinds 75/150

Button: 3005
SB: 3280
BB: 6055
UTG: 2585
UTG+1: 1375 (me)
MP: 4475
MP: 1485
CO: 2790

UTG folds. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif and minraise to 300.
Too small? All-in?

Folded to BB who calls.

I was moved to this table about 1 1/2 orbits ago and have only seen this guy play one hand. He opened with a minraise from middle position with pocket 2's (after one limper), only limper called, he spiked the set and then called the limper who checkraised all-in with overcards to the rags that had flopped. Pot: 3750. (Why don't people donate chips to me like this? Rhetorical question.) That's all I know about the guy.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. 675 in the pot, I've got 1075 left, I push in.

Too much? Did this scream out "I don't want to be called!"
Should I have taken the free card?

If I had taken the free card, what should I have done when the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif came on the turn?

Results: He had J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the open-ended straight draw and the (weaker) flush draw. No diamonds came but the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif did so I busted out.

As it turns out, I was an 81-19 favorite when the money went in. However, neither of us knew that so I think he would have called (or even put me in) if I had bet smaller given the draws he had.

Getting the money in while way ahead is obviously the goal, but I still don't think I played this well. Any advice appreciated...

pokerlover
11-05-2003, 05:19 PM
I would have moved all in pre flop. You don't want to encourage callers with A-Q and a small amount of chips IMO.

CrisBrown
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Che,

As short-stacked as you were, you should've moved all-in at the flop. Instead, you trapped yourself in a pot where you were ahead and had the better flush draw, but he had both an open-end straight and a flush draw. There was no way he was going to lay it down.

Sorry you got outdrawn.

Cris