PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river? 2 examples

Guido
11-05-2003, 04:33 PM
I was thinking about some situations that occur sometimes and want to know what you would do? Bet the river?

Example:
LP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Three limpers, you raise, blinds and the rest call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

You bet out and 4 call.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

You bet out and 2 call.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to you... what do you do? bet?

Same example with the following board:

[A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Same example with the following board:

[A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

In the first example there isn't an obvious straight nor flush. In the second example there is an obvious flush and an obvious straight. In the third example there is only an obvious flush. At least that was what I was trying to represent.

I which situations would you bet out?

Guido
11-06-2003, 09:18 AM
I would really like to know what you guys would do.

rayrns
11-06-2003, 09:48 AM
I would most likely bet the river in all the examples, if all the players are doing is calling. I believe you win over worse hands more times than having the str8 or flush beat you.
If in #2 or #3 someone was to have raised on the flop then called the turn, I'd probably just check the river when the flush/str8 card hits.