PDA

View Full Version : AA = Toast

Kevin J
11-05-2003, 11:02 AM
UTG raises and gets 4 callers. I re-raise from the button with AA.

This time the flop comes 789 with two hearts (I don't have a heart). There's a bet, a raise, a cold-call, and a re-raise to me. How about now...

a). Easy fold.
b). Close fold.
c). Stop being a wuss and play some poker!

Obviously, this was an insane game. I folded both my kings and aces on the flop and was glad to get off them for so little. I'd have lost both times, but I don't want to be results oriented. I can't help wonder if these were weak folds or was I right to think that in this game I could afford to wait until the flop fits my hands a little more snugly.

fritzwar
11-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Almost for sure both your AA and KK hands are folds. I'm also not so sure I'd want to lead with the KK hand into a large field.

Is this the Harrah's game playing so crazy?

andyfox
11-05-2003, 01:59 PM
"a little more snugly"?

How about a lot more snugly. This is an easy fold. You 3-bet an UTG raiser pre-flop. Now there's a bet, a raise, a cold-call, and a re-raise to you on the flop. You have one pair and there's a 3-straight and a flush draw on board, and you have a piece of none of it.

Next hand.

Jeffage
11-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Fold this one too...you play good, you don't need our confirmation on this one /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Jeff

nykenny
11-06-2003, 03:07 PM
if it makes you feel better, i'd fold 99% of the time in this situation.

so far this has occurred twice in 2 years of poker.. and i only need to call once in a hundred years...

Kevin J
11-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Thanks nykenny.

It happened to me twice in a single session. I must be running bad. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif