PDA

View Full Version : A boat and a little deception

Mike Gallo
11-05-2003, 09:34 AM
I had this hand last night at a .50-1.00 Party Poker table. I did not have a read on anyone at the table. People played any two cards.

4 limpers to me in the sb. I have 33 and complete.

5 of us see the flop for a small bet each.

Flop 5d Ts 3c

I flopped bottom set and I decide to bet. I bet and get two callers.

Turn 5d Ts 3c 5s

I hit my boat. I bet,a player calls the next player raises and I decide to call to trap the player in the middle for an additional river bet.

River 5d Ts 3c 5s Ac

I lead out again next player folds next player raises again I reraise he caps I call.

He had Qc 5c and I take it down.

Joe Tall
11-05-2003, 11:38 AM
I really like the way you played this hand.

Well done!

Peace,
JT

Mike Gallo
11-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Thanks.

I liked the way I played the hand also. I figured since I posted the hands I played bad, I should post the hands I think I played well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lil'
11-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Nice hand. An instance where raising with a good hand might actually get you less money.

Anyway, I was wondering why you have been playing such low limits lately. Just curious...

Lost Wages
11-05-2003, 12:03 PM
I decide to call to trap the player in the middle for an additional river bet.

You should reraise the turn. You gave up collecting a sure BB from the raiser on the turn to potentially collect one from the player in the middle on the river. Plus, he may have called the two bets back to him anyway and/or the raiser may have capped. If a Ten falls on the river how much are you liking your hand. Get your money in while you're ahead.

Lost Wages

Mike Gallo
11-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Anyway, I was wondering why you have been playing such low limits lately. Just curious...

I funded my Party Account with $100 so I could start the "2+2" training table. I thought I would have enough with 100 big bets.

Since the 2+2 table broke up after a month, I decided to play some of the "ring" games. Since I have 100 big bets, I wanted to make my bankroll grow to the point where I can play 1-2 and 2-4 comfortably.

I have a difficult time playing online because I have a slow computer and I suffer from not paying attention at the table.

I prefer to play mostly in tournaments for the experience.However I do play ring games.