PDA

View Full Version : Foiled by the Turn Card : AKo in MP

GuyOnTilt
11-05-2003, 05:18 AM
Playing Party 15/30, but I found a very nice table that played very much like my usual 5/10 game. The EMP player is a very solid opponent, tight aggressive, and the BB is very loose with his calls and has a personal vendetta against me since I rivered my K9 double-gutter in the BB to beat his flopped set. He's constantly "putting moves" on me now.

I'm in MP and pick up A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. Two folds and EMP open-raises. I 3-bet and it's folded around to the BB who calls. EMP calls. 3 to the flop for 9.5 SB's.

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, EMP checks, I bet. BB folds, EMP check-raises, I call going for the slow-play. Headsup to the turn for 6.75 BB's.

Turn comes: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[A /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

That's probably the ugliest card I've ever seen. EMP bets, I call.

River comes: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif[Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

EMP bets, and I decide to still go with my plan and raise. EMP just calls.

How'd I do? What do you put EMP on before my raise? After he calls the river?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Joe Tall
11-05-2003, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
EMP check-raises, I call going for the slow-play.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a tight aggressive player check-raises such a flop, I'd 3-bet to see where I stand on cheap street.

I think you froze him in his tracks with the river raise but I think you lost.

Peace,
Joe Tall