PDA

View Full Version : Farha vs. Moneymaker

James Boston
11-05-2003, 02:05 AM
I heard some time ago that PokerStars.com was hosting a re-match between Farha and Moneymaker. I never heard if it happened or who won. Anybody know anything about this?

daryn
11-05-2003, 02:23 AM
farha won. check the archives

James Boston
11-05-2003, 02:35 AM
Do you know how far back to check, or am I going to have to read them all?

Wake up CALL
11-05-2003, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know how far back to check, or am I going to have to read them all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the best thread:

Farha vs Moneymaker Rematch Discussion (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=356227&Forum= All_Forums&Words=farha&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searc hpage=0&Limit=50&Old=3months&Main=354992&Search=tr ue#Post356227)

Al_Capone_Junior
11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
I am SO sick of hearing about this guy. Although he made a couple good plays in the WSOP, for the most part he played like a total idiot. It just goes to show anyone can win if the cards fall their way every hand. I could really care less who wins in the rematch either, as it's totally obvious Farha outclasses him by a mile, results be damned.

No wait. Let's start another MILLION THEADS WITH A MILLION REPLIES. THAT WAY THE FIRST MILLION WON'T BE LONELY.

al

Wake up CALL
11-05-2003, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am SO sick of hearing about this guy. Although he made a couple good plays in the WSOP, for the most part he played like a total idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al I suppose you will not realize that your opinion is why all the online poker games are now so juicy. The little fishies never think " Gee, I must have only seen Moneymaker play for a total of 60 minutes over 5 days, he must have made many great plays and played solid poker to win". Instead they think "Gee, Moneymaker sucked out and got lucky to even make the final table much less win, he must be an idiot."

Thanks God for TV and all the little fishies!

Wake

Al_Capone_Junior
11-05-2003, 05:26 PM

CrackerZack
11-05-2003, 05:42 PM

daryn
11-05-2003, 06:43 PM
the guy invested $40. he won a super satellite and then another shootout to get to the wsop. then he won the big one.. do you really think he is just some total clown that can't play?

Inthacup
11-05-2003, 06:50 PM
do you really think he is just some total clown that can't play?

I don't think that Moneymaker is a total clown. That title is reserved by Robert Varkyoni. Damn, that guy sucked, and still does.

Al_Capone_Junior
11-05-2003, 10:10 PM

Al_Capone_Junior
11-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Yea, Varkyoni may be the clown, but ol' chris moneymaker is Jesus's brother. Just ask the forum guys!

al

daryn
11-06-2003, 12:58 AM
yeah, i watched some of it on tv.. that's the key.. SOME OF IT. i wasn't there to watch every hand he played, also i didn't watch any of the tourney work he did to get his seat, which is pretty important.

are you actually trying to say you feel confident that you know his game in and out from maybe watching a few hours of his play on TV? i suppose you're a certified zoologist from watching the discovery channel, and a world class physicist from watching mr. wizard when you were a kid.

blueboles
11-06-2003, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and a world class physicist from watching mr. wizard when you were a kid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic, freaking, classic. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Tall
11-06-2003, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the guy invested $40. he won a super satellite and then another shootout to get to the wsop. then he won the big one..

[/ QUOTE ]

True as far as we know. How many $40 sats did he play until he won? How many did he win and how may shootouts did he play?

[ QUOTE ]
do you really think he is just some total clown that can't play?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all. I actually think he's a fine player. Beacuse I'm sure he played a hanful of tournaments over and over, got a coach and studied and studied.

Peace,
Joe Tall

happyjaypee
11-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey guys, you know what.

I don't belive, considering the number of entrys to the WSOP, that we will never, EVER, see a world chmapion who as not sucked out AT LEAST ONCE during the 5 days event, period.

Moneymaker is far from being a pro. In fact, he is much more like US then like THE PROS.

Give the guy a little credit. The underdog fought and won. Congrats to him.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Your Mom
11-06-2003, 02:41 AM
Other than the hand against Brenes, where did he play poorly and luck out? He outplayed Chan, he severly outplayed that little weasel (MS Sunshine's good buddy), and he outplayed Farha on the second to last hand. Seems like jealousy to me.

Tyler Durden
11-06-2003, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't belive, considering the number of entrys to the WSOP, that we will never, EVER, see a world chmapion who as not sucked out AT LEAST ONCE during the 5 days event, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I'm sure it's tough to play correctly all the time over a grueling 5-day period, and it's easy to get all your money in once when you're behind. Every WSOP winner has to be lucky also. From what I heard Humberto Brenes played very well during the tourney but got unlucky when his AA cracked against Money800's 88. So...there is a lot of luck involved to be sure.

Tyler Durden
11-06-2003, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that Moneymaker is a total clown. That title is reserved by Robert Varkyoni. Damn, that guy sucked, and still does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Refer to my thread in this forum.

J.R.
11-06-2003, 01:15 PM
I think he played pretty well, maybe not world class but he does deserve some credit for playing aggressively (unlike the great calling station Kevin McBride), but he did suck out in the most important hand of the tournament when he knocked out Phil Ivey with 10 left (although I don't think Moneymaker played the hand that poorly).

Al_Capone_Junior
11-06-2003, 02:23 PM
it's clear that several of the KEY hands he played were played quite badly, yet he got very lucky. I didn't say I was an expert on his play, nor that I claim extra expertise on various other subjects due to my extensive television watching.

Still, it is clear that many on this forum, such as yourself, are going to continue to worship him like a god. Good thing he's jesus's brother, because that way you can continue to feel morally superior in your position that he's "all that and a bag of chips."

Of course I could be wrong about one thing, maybe this is a forum for fish.

I'm done with this thread, worship him all you want. And please do keep posting time and and time and time and time and time again about moneymaker, that way other legitimate posts won't get seen because the endless string of senseless posts about the almighty money-F-in-maker. Hail!

al

CrackerZack
11-06-2003, 02:34 PM
First off, no one is worshipping MM. He made a bad move against Brenes, and got insanely lucky, amen, happens all the time. Against Phil Ivey, was the move that wrong? He has top trips with top kicker. This is a monster hand. He got his money in with the worst of it, but how many people are really laying this down here?

On the other hand, you make quotes like I'm done with this thread, worship him all you want and are going to continue to worship him like a god. while you're writing him off as the biggest calling station fish ever to play the game from seeing a few hands. If everyone here is worshipping him than you are demonizing him with the same amount of evidence. And finally, Good thing he's jesus's brother ... good quote, you should argue with Ryan_21, and see who can make the most ludicrous claims.

daryn
11-06-2003, 03:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Still, it is clear that many on this forum, such as yourself, are going to continue to worship him like a god. Good thing he's jesus's brother, because that way you can continue to feel morally superior in your position that he's "all that and a bag of chips."

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, what the hell are you talking about??? go take your meds man, and then maybe we can talk. i worship moneymaker?? if you can produce any quote of mine where i worship moneymaker i would stand corrected and admit i love the man.

and what is that about jesus' brother? i have no idea what that means. also, have i ever .. EVER come off as morally superior?

i think maybe you have me mixed up with someone else.