PDA

View Full Version : How do you play KQo?

over_c
11-04-2003, 11:31 PM
I ask this because according to Poker Tracker this is my second worst hand in terms of cost per hand. This is from playing $.5/$1 on Party Poker.

I tend to play them strongly, raising from MP or LP, and limping from EP. I will fold them to a raise in front, however. After I raise with them, I will bet them all the way unless an ace is on the board. Generally I have the odds to chase with this strategy.

So, how should I change the way I play this hand?

Thanks.

GuyOnTilt
11-04-2003, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to play them strongly, raising from MP or LP, and limping from EP.[/b]

As per JoeTall's advice, I now make it my default play to raise with KQo from EP.

I will fold them to a raise in front, however.

Good, you should be.

After I raise with them, I will bet them all the way unless an ace is on the board. Generally I have the odds to chase with this strategy.

Don't feel obligated to bet your overcards just because you raised preflop. If you get 4 callers and the flop comes Jack-high, feel free to check-call or check-fold the flop or turn. My guess is, this is where a lot of your loss comes from.

BottlesOf
11-05-2003, 02:05 AM
I completely agree with GuyonTilt here. I do the same as you, except the "betting all the way" on hands that miss you and have no ace. While that may be a good strategy in some situations, I don't think it's always the way to go.

James Boston
11-05-2003, 02:12 AM
In big low-limit games someone invariably sees the flop with cards that suck. When 8-10 people see the flop, somebody got a piece of it. KQo is a good hand, but not worth playing too aggressively unless you get a peice of the flop.