PDA

View Full Version : Mat, what happened to the recent archives?

Easy E
11-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Stuff that a month old or so? I don't see any way to access those archives. They aren't in the Older Archives link either.

Unless I'm crazy, we used to be able to get to recent archives in each forum topic...
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

thanks

Easy E
11-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Anyone have some pointers on how to find things that are over a month old, but not 2 years old?
Because searching by "last 3 months" isn't doing it.

pufferfish
11-17-2003, 01:44 PM
I’m not having any problems. Search seems to work as does “show active in last 3 months” that can be set from the bottom of the index page of a forum.

What are you looking for; I’ll see if I can find it.

TC,
pf

Easy E
11-17-2003, 02:41 PM
I forgot about that setting, but the problem that I discovered is that the "Posts per page" setting in Search is instead functioning as a "Max number of posts" limit.
Instead of structuring the results into multiple pages when I set 5 for my search by Display Name, for example, it cuts it OFF at 5 posts (Next says "no matches"). If I expand it to 60 posts per page, I can find what I needed, even if I am only displaying 2 weeks of active posts as a default.

Without your help, puffer, I wouldn't have discovered the problem. thanks for the reply.

Mat, should I send this type of thing to you, as I just did via the "Notify Moderator" or should an email go out to "forummaster@twoplustwo.com" ?

Mat Sklansky
11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Chuck will look into this

Easy E
11-17-2003, 11:34 PM

BruceZ
11-18-2003, 07:04 AM
I complained about this months ago more than once. I didn't get any response, so I investigated it myself, and figured out what the problem is. It's very simple. The search by display name link generates the following which fails to return anything:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Words=BruceZ&Ma tch=Username&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts

Once I hack in the correct user number as Words=197 instead of Words=BruceZ it works fine. Apparently dosearch.php can't handle usernames correctly. It only returns 1 page unless it gets a member number.

A workaround is to click on your user name to bring up your profile, and then click on "show all users posts". This generates the above function call with your member number, and it functions correctly over more than one page. Use this instead of the search feature when you want to find all of your posts, or the posts of a member. You can still use the search feature to search for key words, and it will return all of the pages.