PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Mariners- Baseball Talk

Zeno
11-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Edgar has signed on for another year, hope his knees hold out. Also hope he gets a chance to make the playoffs for his, almost certianly, last year in baseball. In addition the article rambles on about the hunt for a new GM.

Edgar re-signs (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001782694_webedgar04.html)

Four Mariners won gold gloves.

Gold gloves (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001782892_webmari04.html)

The Mariners will be back strong next year. Moyer should win the Cy Young award, right? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Haven't heard much about Georgie Boy and his gold- plated team. What's up Andy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Zeno

andyfox
11-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Don Mattingly, starting to look a bit like the Michelin tire boy, is now the hitting coach. I here Willie Randolph is going to be the new bench coach, replacing Mr. Zimmer. Haven't heard who the 3rd base coach will now be, maybe Rudy Giuliani.

Also, David Wells' option was not picked up, but they may yet sign him on the cheap so they can have a pitcher to decide he can't go on after pitching one inning of the biggest game of the year.

And rumor is Mr. S. wants Mr. Torre out after this year, apparently convinced he can find someone else who can do better than 4 championships and 6 pennants in 8 years. Perhaps somebody could point out to Mr. S. that Miller Huggins only won 3 championships (despite having a right fielder slightly better than Paul O'Neill and much better than Karim Garcia), as did John McGraw.

andyfox
11-05-2003, 01:34 AM
First time I ever started a sentence "I here." The only thing worse than doing this in response to Zeno would have been to do it in response to John Cole. Hopefully nobody will notice.

John Cole
11-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi Andy,

I here, too. Where you be?

Zeno
11-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update. I am quite sure the Yankees will be in contention next year and do very well. Mr. S (all rise) is a bit hard to please it seems. I here he is a bit of an ass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's that old saying about the mote and the eye? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Zeno