PDA

View Full Version : CP Poker "rankings"...

limon
11-04-2003, 09:17 PM
...this must be for the benefit of people watching tv only. does anyone who plays beleive this sh*t? it just reinforces that tournaments are a joke. Mark Seif is one of the WORST poker players you will ever meet and it is well known. Everyone knew it before he looked like an idiot on TV. and now hes "ranked" higher than seidel, seed, ulliot, lederer, and ivey. it's sickening. i've played cash against ulliot, seed and seif. seif is a joke. where does that factor into the rankings?

Greg (FossilMan)
11-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Maybe they should find a group of knowledgeable players, and have them vote for the rankings, kind of like college football. However, one thing positive about the CP rankings is that they are totally objective. Enter a tourney and do well, you get some points.

Plus, I don't think Mark is anything like what you describe.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Stew
11-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Greg,

Have you ever played with Mark Seif? i'm just curious. From what I understand, Stud is his best game and he's very good at it. I think most here are familiar with his appearnce at the WPT final table vent and are making judgement off that.

ohkanada
11-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Looking at his cardplayer results, he appears to be a decent tourney player. He has numerous final table finishes this year. Of course we don't know how many tournies he plays.

He is at Foxwoods now and I played a NL satelite with him a couple nights ago. He seemed fine although I busted out earlier enough I didn't see how he finished. He also finished 12th in yesterdays limit tourney.

Ken Poklitar

Greg (FossilMan)
11-07-2003, 11:07 AM
I've played a little NLH with him before, and he played moderately tight and very aggressive. I just sat next to him for 3 hours the other day in the stud tourney at Foxwoods, and thought he played well.

I have heard he can go on tilt pretty bad sometimes, but have not observed it firsthand.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)