I get A10s on the button
what do I do????
The result...
I raised pot and got tied to the SB's Kings
C-Ya cheppa
comments welcome

1800GAMBLER
11-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Post it in the tournment forum. You'll get better replies, don't post results untill afterwards either.

CrisBrown
11-05-2003, 02:18 AM
Cheppa,

I'd have raised here with this hand. If the one of the blinds reraises, well, then it's a matter of knowing the opponent and whether he/she is likely to bluff-reraise from the blinds. If not, then you have to give him/her credit for a hand ... but that could mean anything from a low pair to ... well ... KK. This is a reading problem, and all you can do is try to put the best read on that you can.

Cris

CoinLaundry-CptC0ckwell
11-05-2003, 11:48 AM
'Alls I knows is' I was in the bb with KK... I posted this in the tourney forum... on the bubble, I believe this was a satellite directly into The Stone Cold Nuts... I pushed all in from the bb with KK and a guy who'd made a tiny raise from middle position with ATs ends up calling me (for another 4k approximately) and flopping a bunch of aces.

Maybe if my kings were suited I could've done better here. It's always good to have the flush outs.

... Yeah, my "pet" "lucky" hand is probably AA suited. :ma /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gifd:

crockpot
11-05-2003, 12:38 PM
should we assume it was folded to you? you should also include the size of the blinds.

if it's folded to you on the button, raise between 2 and 3 times the big blind virtually every time. you will show a great profit doing so. if you are reraised, whether or not you call depends on who raised you and your pot odds.