PDA

View Full Version : I kicked the weak tight disease on this hand

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Same game at micro limit Party Poker .50-1.00. I still do not have a read on any of my opponents other than they enjoy gambling.

Two limpers to me on the cutoff with Jacks. I raise, the two limpers call and both blinds call. Four of us see the flop for 1 bb each.

Flop As 9h Jd

Sb bets next player calls I smooth call. I decided to wait until the turn to raise my set. Three of us see the turn.

Turn As 9h Jd 4c

SB bets monkey in the middle calls I raise both call. Three of us to see the river.

River As 9h Jd 4c Ad

SB bets monkey in the middle folds, I raise sb folds.

Any comments?

BigEndian
11-04-2003, 04:20 PM
I don't see how you could have played this weak tight. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Unless you feared the SB holding Aces full. I'm guessing your opponent in the SB had a single J or a single 9 and was paper thin at any rate.

- Groove

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 04:23 PM
I lose to AJ /images/graemlins/blush.gif

GuyOnTilt
11-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Raise the flop. Since at this level, and many levels higher online, players are very loose with flop calls. They will call the flop with a gutshot straight or backdoor flushes, but will call it quits on the turn. I would raise the flop here. I think you're show greater profit longterm by not waiting till the turn.

Joe Tall
11-04-2003, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I lose to AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you when the SB folded?

Peace,
JT

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 04:30 PM
From Groove
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you could have played this weak tight. Unless you feared the SB holding Aces full. I'm guessing your opponent in the SB had a single J or a single 9 and was paper thin at any rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, I LOSE...not lost..I can lose to AJ.

He asked how could I have turned weak tight with that board. I explained that I could have feared AJ and just called.

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 04:31 PM
GOT,

I would prefer to get a double bet on the turn than the flop.

Joe Tall
11-04-2003, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He asked how could I have turned weak tight with that board. I explained that I could have feared AJ and just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feared AJ, you haven't kicked the W/T. I hope the thought didn't enter your mind unless facing a c/r.

Nice hand,
Joe Tall

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 04:36 PM
If you feared AJ, you haven't kicked the W/T. I hope the thought didn't enter your mind unless facing a c/r.

I didnt fear it. I didnt even consider it.

Joe Tall
11-04-2003, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back,
Joe Tall

GuyOnTilt
11-04-2003, 04:40 PM
I need to stop carelessly skimming through posts. With a bettor and only one caller, I would've waited for the turn as well. If there were multiple callers on the flop, I would've raised. Well played. Good to see you got over your weak-tight jibblies.

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome back,

[/ QUOTE ]

It feels good to have come back /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
11-04-2003, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet SB had QT.

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 05:18 PM
I bet SB had QT.

Since he folded the hand history did not give his hand.

I think he had an Ace.

BigEndian
11-04-2003, 05:22 PM
The earth would crack open and hell's minions run amok before a .50/1.00 player would fold a one bet river raise with an Ace on that hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

- Groove

Ulysses
11-04-2003, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet SB had QT.

Since he folded the hand history did not give his hand.

I think he had an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of player calls a raise w/ two Aces and folds to a raise w/ three Aces?

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Good points. I have no idea what he could have had.

Ulysses
11-04-2003, 05:50 PM
QT, man, QT. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-04-2003, 05:53 PM

Then you haven't kicked it yet. Confront your fear, accept it, let it pass through you. When it's gone, all that's left is you. (bonus points for the source of this paraphrase)

Then raise!!

BigEndian
11-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Yoda?

- Groove

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Not Yoda. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike Gallo
11-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Then you haven't kicked it yet. Confront your fear, accept it, let it pass through you. When it's gone, all that's left is you.

Kurn,

The last time I heard words like that came right before I decided to go back into rehab. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Online poker freaks me out a little. I still have to adapt to it.

I do not think I have any idea where that came from. I wanted to go with Rocky III /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tpir90036
11-05-2003, 02:48 AM
if you would have had *trip* jacks and raised when faced with potential aces full over your jacks full to any ace in the hole....then i would be impressed. you can't possibly be fearing AJ. are you??

JTG51
11-05-2003, 04:00 AM

I hate to rain on you and Joe's parade, but that's some pretty bad poker. You should consider all of your oppnents possible hands. Thinking about all of the possibilities, even the unlikely ones, doesn't make you weak tight. It makes you smart.

By the way, I think you played the hand perfectly. Waiting till the turn to raise is just fine, as long as you don't do it every time.

Joe Tall
11-05-2003, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to rain on you and Joe's parade, but that's some pretty bad poker. You should consider all of your oppnents possible hands. Thinking about all of the possibilities, even the unlikely ones, doesn't make you weak tight. It makes you smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why didn't you advocate calling the river, smarty pants? *scarcasm*

Peace,
Joe Tall