PDA

View Full Version : Fire Steve Spurrier!!

Tyler Durden
11-04-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm a huge Redskins fan and this guy has got to go. I've lost faith in his system. He really bugged me when he got rid of Stephen Davis. You can't win in the NFL w/o running the ball and he had one of the best backs in the league in Steve Davis. His postgame press conferences are getting old just like Norv Turner's did. He's not getting paid $5 million per year to say "I don't have the answers" after each look with that country bumpkin/inbred look on his face. The team has loads of talent and they're just underachieving. Patrick Ramsey is going to be a very good QB but Spurrier's blocking schemes are all effed up.

Thoughts/comments?

andyfox
11-04-2003, 01:52 PM
I happened to hear excerpts from Spurrier's post-game conference on Sunday and it was certainly embarrassing.

The Redskins are in a tough division. Overachieving Dallas is 6-2 and underachieving Philadelphia and New York are 5-3 and 4-4. There could easily be three teams ahead of Washington that win at least 9 games each.

It sure appears that Spurrier's days might well be numbered.

Tyler Durden
11-04-2003, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Redskins are in a tough division. Overachieving Dallas is 6-2 and underachieving Philadelphia and New York are 5-3 and 4-4. There could easily be three teams ahead of Washington that win at least 9 games each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea, don't get me started on their division play. Spurrier is 1-7 against the NFC East. Pathetic. Absolutely horrific.

The season started with a lot of promise when they were 2-0. But those weren't *real* wins. They were jokes. They beat Jersey B without Chad Pennington and then the Falcons without Mike Vick. Then they had their first real game vs. Jersey A at FedEx and committed SEVENTEEN penalties and lost in OT. Then they beat the Patriots for another *false* win b/c NE had seven starters out w/ injuries. Then they lost to the Bucs and the Eagles. They're overall terrible.