PDA

View Full Version : Texas -YEE HAW....the good, the bad, and the ugly

HUSKER'66
11-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Been out of pocket for a few days, so here is a quick break down of some of the more famous and infamous people who can claim to be a native Texan. (some of us weren't born here- we just got here as quick as we could )

1)Red Adair-famous fireman of oil wells....involved heavily in extinguishing all the fires from the Gulf War

2)Gene Autry - singer and actor (who could forget Trigger?)

3)Clyde Barrow - outlaw, bankrobber, all around bad guy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4)Carol Burnett- comedianne, actress

5)Joan Crawford- actress, made infamous with daughters "Mommie Dearest" book

6)Dwight D Eisenhower - US president ,General (WWII)

7)AJ Foyt- race car driver

8)Larry Hagman- actor....who really shot JR?!? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

9)Ben Hogan- one of the best golfers to grace the planet

10)Buddy Holly- singer...."Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue" among others

11)Howard Hughes- industrialist, film producer, billionaire wacko /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12)Lyndon B Johnson- US President, defender of civil rights

13)Michael Johnson- olympic track star

14)George Jones- long time country singer

15)Janis Joplin- singer, rock star

16)Tommy Lee Jones- actor

17)Audie Murphy- WWII war hero , most decorated soldier in WWII, later actor

18)Willie Nelson- country singer, helped start Farm Aid

19)Chester Nimitz- Admiral (WWII)

20)Sandra Day O'Conner- first female Supreme Court Justice

21)Roy Orbison- singer

22)Bonnie Parker- side kick to Clyde Barrow, bankrobber

23)H Ross Perot- philanthropist

24)Dan Rather- TV newscaster

25)Gene Roddenberry- creeator of Star Trek, writer (Kurns...thought you'd like this one! ) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

26)Tommy Tune- singer...notmuch to say about this one

27)Nolan Ryan- professional baseball pitcher, hall of famer

I know there are a bunch I missed, both good, bad, and ugly. I also know there are famous and infamous from just about every state. Heck thomastem's rooster and bison in heat are probably known for something.

If you appreciate/enjoy these little posts, then a hearty "thank you".....if not then you have my apology. I have four more posts to complete my wager with thomastem from the Zoo vs SS tourny. After that, I will get back in the hunt of posting content that is more "poker related".

remember: outwit, outlast , outplay! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

CrackerZack
11-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Isn't TJ Cloutier from Texas too?

HUSKER'66
11-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Cracker, your too quick for me. Mr Cloutier will be included in a future post.....along with a lot of other famous Texans who are in the "who's who" of poker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thomastem
11-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Isn't Waldo from "Where's Waldo" from Texas?

Al_Capone_Junior
11-04-2003, 05:21 PM
please do not make any more of these bets till you learn how to play poker better. As someone who spent WAY too long in the redneck state, I really wish the government would just follow my suggestion to use it as a nuclear testing ground. Still, no bombs go off, and you keep posting, much to my dismay. Please make it quick so the rednecks in texas can hurry up and secede from the union and increase the average IQ of the nation about 30 points. Now if we could just get arkansas, alabama and mississippi to join them....

al

HUSKER'66
11-04-2003, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
please do not make any more of these bets till you learn how to play poker better

[/ QUOTE ]

I try and keep your suggestion in mind.

[ QUOTE ]
As someone who spent WAY too long in the redneck state....

[/ QUOTE ]

We thought that we would never get rid of you.

[ QUOTE ]
...make it quick so the rednecks in texas can hurry up and secede from the union and increase the average IQ of the nation about 30 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I understand. The states IQ average went up 20 points after you left.

Al_Capone_Junior
11-05-2003, 12:25 AM