PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite NLHE Tourney Hand

PlayerA
11-04-2003, 11:47 AM
In the hands of another player, my favorite hand is: AJ.

I need to start using pokertracker, but I suspect that this hand may be the winner for bust-outs.

What's your favorite?

crockpot
11-04-2003, 12:39 PM
AQs is much better, except very late in the tourney when it is actually big enough to play for all your chips.

i once saw this action in a UB tourney: blinds 15/30, most stacks around 1000. EP1 raises to 90, EP2 raises to 200, CO raises to 500, button calls 500 cold.

BB has AQs. what does he do? he pushes in, of course, and gets his ass ritually slaughtered by the aces and kings that he's up against.

Toro
11-04-2003, 12:51 PM
I can't be sure about this but it seems like I've busted out with quite a few AK hands. Wouldn't be AJ for me since no way I'll get married to it, but AK I tend to overplay. I remember a local tourney recently when I was in the BB with it. Chip leader, approx 10,000 limped from UTG. I had about 6000 and raised about 6 times the blind to 3000 and he called. Flop came J, rag,rag and now I'm in a real tough spot. I decide to try and buy it and go all in for my last 3000. He calls and I say you're ahead and he says "not yet" and turns over 10,J. He must have thought I had a big pair. Well needless to say, I didn't improve and busted out. As I often do with this hand, I obviously overplayed it.

triplc
11-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Last two SNG's got busted on AJ. Both late and shortstacked. First guy busted me with K7 suited (He had about 3500 in chips to my 530). King came on the flop.

Next tourney was in 4th and slightly shortstacked. Decided to be agressive and push all-in. Again, the big stack (2500 vs. my 900) calls me. He's got ATo, and gets KQJ to beat me with a straight.

I beginning to really hate AJ.