PDA

View Full Version : check AA?

JTrout
11-04-2003, 10:50 AM
3-6 Party. I've got AA in cutoff position. Two limpers, I raise. Button and small blind fold. Big blind and 2 limpers all call. 4 of us see the flop of T T 3 rainbow. It's checked to me, I bet and all fold.
Should I have checked the flop? Would your answer be different if there were 2 opponents? or 4 opponents?
Thanks in advance for your replies. Speck.

crockpot
11-04-2003, 11:08 AM
checking and betting here are both reasonable plays. if you are called on the flop i think you should check the turn since it is likely you are behind.

with JJ instead of AA, it's now very important to bet the flop so that an overcard doesn't beat you. it might also now be good to bet the turn (and fold to a raise) because you still have three overcards to worry about if someone has called you with a hand like KQ.

TheRake
11-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Speck,
Absolutely not!! I would never allow an opponent to take off a free card here..Especially on this board. You almost need to bet here just to find out where you are at...you might already be beat and someone else is slow playing you. I would want to find out before the bets increase. Look at it this way..you won 4.75bb on this hand which is better than average over the long run.

BTW..I think I remember playing against you awhile back on a 1/2 table. how are you doing at 3/6? I didn't want to move up to fast, so I am still playing 1/2 until i build enough bankroll /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

TheRake

Aces McGee
11-04-2003, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never allow an opponent to take off a free card here..Especially on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this board is so dangerous that you don't want to give free cards?

Aces McGee

george w of poker
11-04-2003, 11:18 AM
you don't want to give someone with a ten the chance to make quads

TheRake
11-04-2003, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What about this board is so dangerous that you don't want to give free cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

After I re-read my post I knew someone was going to say that. You did it in record time /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Maybe this board isn't super dangerous, but my point was I rarely like slow playing any hand. There are to many ways these LL players can draw out on you. why give free cards to help the cause?

Joe Tall
11-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Bet this 100% of the time, just be prepared to answer a check-raise.

Never feel bad about taking down a strong hand on the flop. Steer clear of slow play in loose games.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

JTrout
11-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Hello theRake,
It probably wasn't me you played against. JTrout is the name I use when playing internet poker.
As to moving up, I would suggest setting a clear plan when you choose to move up. Such as: When my bankroll reaches $x, I will move up a level, and will continue to play at that level unless my bankroll falls below $y, whereupon I will immediately move back down until my roll is at $x again.

Good luck. Speck.

JTrout
11-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Joe Tall,
Thanks for the welcome, and the reply.
[ QUOTE ]
Bet this 100% of the time, just be prepared to answer a check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
How would you play if check-raised on flop? or turn?
In the games I'm in, I would expect someone with a Ten to check call the flop, and check-raise the turn.
Would you call it down if check-raised on flop?
It seems to me that I'm either way ahead, or way behind.