PDA

View Full Version : Rikray and Hutz Challenge

thomastem
11-04-2003, 10:39 AM
The next Zoo does True or if we have a tourney on a site other than Stars I wish to offer a challenge!

Rikray has made it known that he can't stand animals to be mentioned on his poker forum.

Hutz seems to deny it, but a couple of months ago someone complained to the moderator that my animals were offensive. Ok we'll just call it coincidence that you were the one posting stuff like "ewwwwww sick".

Now to my challenge. If Rikray or Hutz outlast me they win and I keep any animal references in the Zoo for 1 month. Ahhh now if I win. First I must beat both Hutz and Rikray to win. If I win Hutz has to post in the Zoo only a post titled "Barnyard Animals are People too!" and Rikray has to post "I like Husker now". Both articles only have to run for 14 days or 14 posts.

The Hutz article, "Barnyard Animals are people too." needs to be a feel good story about barnyard critters.

The Rikray article, "I like Husker now", needs to be stories on Huskers triunphs from the age 2 till today.

Both article may need a little research or interviewing.

OK to some this up, not only do I have to outlast both but my "animal silence" in all forums but the Zoo is twice as long as their posts will last.

I think the 2 of you have an advatage, now do the 2 of you have the Hutz....damn I mean guts to accept. My Penguin awaits your answer.

Al_Capone_Junior
11-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Dang I haven't been talking any [censored] with any of you but I'd sure like to be in on this type of challenge. Hope it comes to pass! Please let me know if it does so I can watch or perhaps even play in the tourney.

al

thomastem
11-04-2003, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dang I haven't been talking any [censored] with any of you but I'd sure like to be in on this type of challenge. Hope it comes to pass! Please let me know if it does so I can watch or perhaps even play in the tourney.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta sneaky suspicion that they are both yella

hutz
11-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Let's see here . . . I have the opportunity to make a bet whereby I would have to generate the very spam that wears me (and countless others) out if I were (fat chance) to lose to someone who spends more time annoying others than discussing poker strategy. Who could possibly pass up that opportunity? Oh yeah . . . me and anyone else who's sane. No thanks, thomastem, you're not worth my time.

Now, to clear something else up: I did report one of your posts to Mat. It was a post wherein you directly attacked me for no good reason. I pointed it out to Mr. Sklansky and he immediately removed it. I also noted in that message that you were creating non-poker threads in poker forums at this site and asked him to address that with you. I didn't ask him to ban you nor did I tell him anything untruthful about you. It is you, sir, who are the untruthful one. When you post messages that misrepresent and distort (e.g., labeling as "attacks" requests from myself and others that you keep your spam posts in the Zoo) what others have said, that's untruthful.

I'm a pretty "go with the flow" guy and, believe me, I have a great sense of humor. I, however, find it annoying and disappointing to see non-poker messages/threads posted in poker forums. You clearly either can't comprehend that what you are doing is contrary to both common message board courtesy and the rules of this site or you are intentionally being a pain in the rear. Your offer/challenge to rkiray and me simply confirms this.

Simon Diamond
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Thomastem,

Do you not think this is all getting a bit ridiculous? I can see that you are enjoying winding these guys up, but why bother when you have an audience waiting for you in the zoo who actually like your animal frolics.

IMO your challenge is insane. But we know what you are like. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Simon

thomastem
11-04-2003, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's see here . . . I have the opportunity to make a bet whereby I would have to generate the very spam that wears me (and countless others) out if I were (fat chance) to lose to someone who spends more time annoying others than discussing poker strategy. Who could possibly pass up that opportunity? Oh yeah . . . me and anyone else who's sane. No thanks, thomastem, you're not worth my time.

Now, to clear something else up: I did report one of your posts to Mat. It was a post wherein you directly attacked me for no good reason. I pointed it out to Mr. Sklansky and he immediately removed it. I also noted in that message that you were creating non-poker threads in poker forums at this site and asked him to address that with you. I didn't ask him to ban you nor did I tell him anything untruthful about you. It is you, sir, who are the untruthful one. When you post messages that misrepresent and distort (e.g., labeling as "attacks" requests from myself and others that you keep your spam posts in the Zoo) what others have said, that's untruthful.

I'm a pretty "go with the flow" guy and, believe me, I have a great sense of humor. I, however, find it annoying and disappointing to see non-poker messages/threads posted in poker forums. You clearly either can't comprehend that what you are doing is contrary to both common message board courtesy and the rules of this site or you are intentionally being a pain in the rear. Your offer/challenge to rkiray and me simply confirms this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I've never had a complaint in the zoo matter of fact I believe you would get a ton of views and responses if you lost and honored your end of the bet. This is why I picked the zoo. I don't know 1 regular there that would complain.

2. While most of my posts have animal references the vast majority has something to do with a poker point.

3. The fact that you complained to the moderator without first trying to resolve the problem with me is not a very stand up way to handle a disagreement. When you thought I was making fun of you when I said Jabba that was stand up and I stopped using the word Jabba

4. I never attacked you personally. I did say and stand behind the importance of humor and entertainment and diversions in poker.

5. Forum eticut? lol Could you spare some Grey Poupon?

6. I understand and respect that you simply don't like my style and don't find my humor funny. Boxing fans may remember that Ali and Frazier had huge differences but still put on a hell of a show. If we get enough interest poker sites, Just like OIC and True Poker have done in the past, may loosen their purse strings and give $$$ for incentive.

Sir, how could this possibly be bad for the majority of forum posters and lurkers?

7. If me Bison in heat has intimidated you I'll keep him locked up for this one.

thomastem
11-04-2003, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thomastem,

Do you not think this is all getting a bit ridiculous? I can see that you are enjoying winding these guys up, but why bother when you have an audience waiting for you in the zoo who actually like your animal frolics.

IMO your challenge is insane. But we know what you are like. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amazing. I try and create some excitement for a tourney and I'm told by one that I don't know poker forum eticut and the other says I'm insane.

Trying to create some excitement for a tourney when Poker sites have been stepping up with free $$$ for OIC and the last True tourney I guess is insane and insults people.

Perhaps if I make a post about Bobbit that would pass the Poker crieria.

Simon Diamond
11-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Please don't misquote me thomas. I said your challenge was insane, not you personally. I will leave it up to others to make that judgment.

I don't see any problem in having last longers and side bets to make tourneys more interesting, but the ones you have made and are offering in this thread are clearly controversial to some. Why not just play each other for money - the old fashioned way!

Simon

thomastem
11-05-2003, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't misquote me thomas. I said your challenge was insane, not you personally. I will leave it up to others to make that judgment.

I don't see any problem in having last longers and side bets to make tourneys more interesting, but the ones you have made and are offering in this thread are clearly controversial to some. Why not just play each other for money - the old fashioned way!

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I misunderstand you? It looks like i did jump on that insane word fairly quick. My appologies.

Good suggestion on the dollars. Let me change my challenge.

To Hutz and rikray: On the next True Tourney I will be happy to battle one of you to a last longer contest. I money wager equal to the entry fee. for example a 20+2 would mean we are wagering $22. The first one eliminated pays $22 to the one that lasted longer. Since I'm only taking one on at a time it is first come first serve on this post.

Please stop taking this personally and play against the animal dude that doesn't always raise pre-flop with A-A, believes Phil Helmuth is a great tourney player, and let's women pet his rooster when he's losing.

Simon Diamond
11-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Good suggestion on the dollars. Let me change my challenge.

See - there is some sanity on that farm of yours. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

rkiray
11-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Great post, Hutz. I just found this thread. But you make the main point. A poker tournament won't settle anything. I have never said anything about ThomasTem's poker playing ability. The issue is posts that have nothing to do with poker. So I loved your post. I also don't want to make a bet that creates spam. But just to show I'm not "yellow" I'm happy to play TT at True (I don't an account at Stars, but I'm also willing to play at Paradise or UB, but I don't know if private tables are available at any of these sites), as long as the posts can be limited to the Other Topics forum. Since Hutz doesn't want to play, how about playing me and Al Capone, Jr. TT?

rkiray
11-05-2003, 11:44 PM
OK, if no one in the zoo complains, I'm willing to post there. Anyone complain?

One question TT, you keep accusing me not letting this go and being too worked up over this. I gave up a couple of days ago. Why can't you let it go? Also your posts in the zoo were much more emotional than anything I've posted. I had also let you have the last word a couple of days earlier until I discovered the gross lies you posted in the zoo. (And I believed Mat removed the worst ones after I told him I was offended with how you distorted what I posted). What's up. Why do you accuse me of not letting go and being too worked up, when that really seems to be your problem. Why is this bothering you so much?

rkiray
11-05-2003, 11:54 PM
I like this much better. I accept as long as it's on True, UB or Paradise. I hate setting up new accounts. Sunday night I even tried to open an account at The Gaming Club to participate in the OIC. I couldn't figure out how to sign up. They didn't list the OIC anywhere I could find. The closest thing I could find was "The Best of the best" and that seemed very different. It was very frustrating downloading their software (which I do have now) and then trying to find the IOC. Maybe I just waited too long and they were full.

daryn
11-06-2003, 01:03 AM
don't drag me into this

Simon Diamond
11-06-2003, 06:39 AM
If you had asked somebody in the zoo, I am sure you could have found out straight away rkiray. Anything non OIC is off topic at the moment in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

thomastem
11-06-2003, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like this much better. I accept as long as it's on True, UB or Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest challenge I made was one on one and for a $$$ amount equal to buy in. With Hutz not willing to participate The original challenge died.

You asked about my emotion. What notes do have on me from True or UB? I remember you now. You've never objected to my animal talk at the table.

All kidding aside hope to see you at True tonight. I don't take your opinion personally. I'd enjoy playing at the same table with a fellow 2+2er. I'll leave the Pelican at home and just bring my possum and goat. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rkiray
11-06-2003, 01:17 PM
It was late on Sunday night and I was about ready to go to bed (took about 1.5 hours to download the software). I didn't want to wait for replies. I had mixed feeling. I've never played lower than 2/4 so it really wasn't my thing, but the Gaming Club's offer just looked very, very good.

rkiray
11-06-2003, 01:28 PM
I don't think I've ever played against you at True or UB (maybe you were at my table in the tourney for awhile, I'm not sure). At those sites I play 2/4 and 3/6 with an occasional 4/8 at UB. At Paradise I mainly play 3/6 and 5/10 since I have a bigger bankroll there. I guess I could shift money between sites, but I don't really like messing with that. I have a Firepay account but I haven't used i t in over a year. Generally I don't use rkiray when I play, but a few days before that tourney I changed my True name to rkiray, and I haven't changed it back. I would not complain about animal talk at the table. I mainly ignore chat. If someone is being very obnoxious to fish I will complain. If they are being obnoxious to me, I don't really care. I occasionally pull a Ullyses, if someone is complaining about me and I think they are on tilt or close to going on tilt I may try to push them over. But I don't do that often, they have to start it, and they have to be very, very obnoxious. Generally I don't want to scare off fish.