PDA

View Full Version : Moneymaker was on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night

Moyer
11-04-2003, 06:52 AM
He said he was drunk when he signed up for the first satellite tourny and that it takes a lot of luck to win. He also said that he's trying to stay as far away from the pros as he can so they don't chew him up.

And then he said................. he might write a "How-To" book! I hope he does and everyone buys it. If he's lucky it might be almost as good as Hellmuth's!

Ted Geisel
11-04-2003, 11:28 AM
.... well, we KNOW he is lucky, but how do you teach that ?

jbc
11-04-2003, 07:45 PM
I thought it was a pretty good interview actually. He acknowledged his luck, but he didn't attribute his success entirely to horseshoes or rabbit's feet. As anyone who plays online knows, to win a $40 super satellite and then another multi-table, given the # of entries, some amount of skill is involved.

Moneymaker was quick to state that he didn't consider himself pro material, but that he could 'hang with them.' I tend to agree with his perspective. Could he beat them day in and day out, no. Could any non-pro? Not many. But, given the right circumstances, he sure as hell did for 5 days in Vegas.

Kudos to him.

jbc

Bill Murphy
11-04-2003, 11:40 PM
He wasn't as lucky as Chris Ferguson was.

Rick Nebiolo
11-05-2003, 06:02 AM
I've caught Chris M. on Letterman and now this show and my impression is that this guy is about as down to earth, likable and well grounded as they come. In other words, he is the anti-Phil.

On the Kimmel show he openly talked about online poker so I think Pokerstars got a little boost. I hope Chris gets a little out of it ;-).

~ Rick

RollaJ
11-05-2003, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Pokerstars got a little boost. I hope Chris gets a little out of it ;-).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he already did /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Moyer
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
I agree he seems like a modest man. But I just had to laugh when he mentioned writing a book. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rick Nebiolo
11-06-2003, 02:13 AM
but he mentioned writing a book modestly /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick