PDA

View Full Version : Good All-in call with KK?

PrayingMantis
11-04-2003, 06:27 AM
This is my first post, so I hope you will be patient with both my English (which is not native) and my poker...
Anyway, I'm getting KK on the button, 2nd round of 5$ Stars SNG (blinds 15/30). Stacks are about the same. Everybody fold to MP, who raises to 90. CO to my right goes Allin. Now - this is exactly what happened 3 hands before - the same guy raised to 90, and the same other guy went allin. the raiser then folded. It's important to say that the allin guy went allin 3 other times, so when he does it again now, I figure he has small pair, any A or even Kx or maybe complete garbage, and I put the first raiser on middle pair, maybe high ace. I go allin, hoping the original raiser, once again, will fold, so that I'll be alone with the maniac, with great chances to double up.
What do you think? is it really an automatic call, even before the third guy acts? can anyone really fold here?
I will post the results later on, as I've seen other posters do.

TylerD
11-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Yes I think it is an automatic call. The all-in is clearly a bit of a maniac, he could be going in on virtually nothing (it is only a $5 SG remember). Once the original raiser has seen a re-raise and an all-in call he is unlikely to call with anything other than AA (in which case, unlucky but still right to call), KK or AK or possibly QQ. Your only problem then is the maniac and unless he has AA your a huge favourite.

Tyler

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-04-2003, 10:15 AM
You have to call with KK, especially since the raiser appears to be very loose.

Greg (FossilMan)
11-04-2003, 11:01 AM
It is seldom wrong to call all-in with KK preflop. Against a guy who has already raised all-in multiple times early in a tourney, it would be a crime to do anything else.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

PrayingMantis
11-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Well, both me and the all-in maniac were trapped by an AA, shown to us by the original 90$ raiser, who called all-in, eagerly, third. The CO showed 22 (small pair, as I suspected) and he and I were eaten alive. I guess that was the MP's fantasy coming true, trapping this maniac, but he got me for the same price.
However, as you pointed out, I guess it was a must call. I was happy to see your replies, which will make me feel more certain in future KK allin calls situations.

Thanks,
PrayingMantis

Tyler Durden
11-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey uh, TylerD, I was here first.

Gamblor
11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
how all these people who are making their "first" posts have Posts: 2 next to their name?

PrayingMantis
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
It was one post, and then I posted a reply to my first post (results), which made me a poster with 2 posts... /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Now, the number refers to the number of posts the poster made, including any posts made AFTER this one specific post.
Hope I'm helping here, only my resoning...

And by now i'm a 3-posts poster.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-04-2003, 02:09 PM
The number of posts next to your name is the cumulative numebr of posts as of the moment you are viewing that post. The number is not a unique number attached to that specific post but a running total attached to the poster's name.

My edit here is to show you that *this* post was #2406 for me. Not the number you see, eh?