PDA

View Full Version : Funny A-5 triple-draw hand

Homer
11-04-2003, 02:45 AM
Getting Hand History Information...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #XXXXXX-XXXX at Bow ($3/$6 Triple Draw A-5)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 04/Nov/03 01:34:48

A is at seat 0 with $75.
B is at seat 1 with $328.
C is at seat 2 with $322.50.
D is at seat 3 with $383.
E is at seat 4 with $293.50.
F is at seat 5 with $297.
The button is at seat 1.

C posts the small blind of $1.
D posts the big blind of $3.

A: -- -- -- -- --
B: -- -- -- -- --
C: 7c Js Jh Kh 8c
D: -- -- -- -- --
E: -- -- -- -- --
F: -- -- -- -- --

First Round:

E folds. F raises to $6. A
folds. B folds. C folds. D
calls.

D takes 4 cards. F stands pat.

Second Round:

D checks. F bets $3. D calls.

D takes 3 cards. F stands pat.

Third Round:

D checks. F bets $6. D calls.

D takes 1 card. F stands pat.

Final Round:

D checks. F bets $6. D calls.

Showdown:

F shows 5c 5s 2c 2h 2s.
F has four deuces.
D shows 8s 7d 5h 4h 3c.
D has 8 7 5 4 3.

Hand #XXXXXX-XXXX Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $43.
D wins $41 with 8 7 5 4 3.

-- Homer

crockpot
11-04-2003, 03:18 AM
i don't see four deuces there. did you screw with the hand history, or is UB up to their usual hijinks? (not that i think it will matter if they consider a full house to be a four of a kind in lowball.)

good to see there are actually creative players in this game after all. long live the snow!

Homer
11-04-2003, 03:48 AM
i don't see four deuces there. did you screw with the hand history, or is UB up to their usual hijinks?

UB hijinks. I did screw with the HH, but only to change the player names.

-- Homer

Phat Mack
11-04-2003, 09:22 AM
I don't see the four deuces, either. If there were four deuces, the move makes more sense, especially against a good player who couldn't be pat with the nuts.

I saw a player in Houston pull the same stunt in a NL triple draw game about twenty years ago. Except he had four jacks instead of four wheel cards. He finally got his opponent to lay it down after the third draw, whereupon he turned it over and said, "It was too pretty to break!" (Filipino Louie)

MaxPower
11-04-2003, 11:19 AM
For a second I thought you were going to play the 7JJK8.

Looks like F picked the wrong player to try this against.

I think once D calls F's bet after the first draw, F has to draw because D isn't going away. Trying to continue to bluff against a player who will draw 4 and then draw 3 when you stand pat is just silly.

Graham
11-04-2003, 11:30 AM
I'd be more comfortable snowing with 2222 in 2-7 lowball in these online games. Too much risk of being caught out by a loosie in A-5.

crockpot
11-04-2003, 11:36 AM
i disagree. if the caller pairs or catches a jack, queen or king on the last card he is not going to call the last bet. he may not call if he hits a ten or nine. this last card bluff should show quite a profit in the long run.

Graham
11-04-2003, 12:28 PM
I think as long as he keeps drawing, then you're comitted to continue bluffing now you've started and he draws so many.. If he draws 1 on the 2nd draw, I don't like it, but will bet again and see if he draws for the 3rd round. If so, then you have to bet the river and should come out ahead $-wise.

Nottom
11-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Last time I played triple draw lowball at home I was dealt a pat K-high straight flush. I laughed at my luck, drew 5 after no bet (we were playing with antes). Ended up with a wheel on the second draw, lol.