PDA

View Full Version : NL HE tournament question

Jeststeve
11-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Quick Question about a hand. I think I made a mistake in my final call but would be interested in some opinions.

Its the first level. I'm 3rd UTG and have 55. I limp for the $25 blind. I'm in 4 seat. 5 folds 6 raises to $75. 7 calls. everyone else folds I call the $75.

Flop comes K 3 5. I check. 6 bets $100, 7 calls, I raise to $200. 6 (original raiser and bettor) folds. 7 takes a min. then moves all in. I figure him to have KQ or KJ maybe a K5 or 3 suited. He's only called, never raised or re-raised, so I call the bet which at this point puts me all in as well. Of course he actually had the KK. Which he slow played very well.

Question is: Do you call the all-in bet or throw it away?

CrisBrown
11-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Hiya Jesteve,

Yup, he slow-played it beautifully ... and correctly, given the low blinds at that point. Still, I don't think you have much choice but to pay him off, because KK is the only hand you're behind at that point.

Sorry you got so well trapped.

Cris

Jeststeve
11-04-2003, 12:04 AM
Cris,

I agree he played it perfectly, espcially with the man to his right doing all the raising / betting for him. I've been questioning that last call all week. I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
~Steve