PDA

View Full Version : $50NL Party multi tourney last night

MuckMuck
11-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Just got off the phone with my buddy and he wanted to know my thoughts on this hand in $50 NL Muti Table tourney last night. Situation: 27 people left, blinds 750-1500 in the Cutoff with QQ and a stack of 28,000. 3 People limp to him with a calling station behind him with 12k on the button and 2 unknowns in the SB (32k) and BB (9k). He raises all in here and runs into KK in the small blind who has him covered and he exits the tourney to his disgust. Right away I told him he made a bad play and he should have made it 6k to go or even limp and fold if someone makes a significant raise behind him(I tend to play QQ conservatively unless i'm short stacked or the tables short). His argument was that he didnt want the guy on the button calling him with Kx suited or Ax suited and out flopping him and he had everyone else comfortably covered except the SB. Also, he decided he was going for the win and saw a chance to pick up 6750 in chips. I still disagree with his move. Comments and suggestions please I'd like for him to see your opinions.

Mike A.

daryn
11-03-2003, 04:14 PM
with those callers i like the all in.. but i can see the argument for making a small raise to see what's up, or even limping and planning to fold if a dangerous flop comes. but i'm not sure about it

crockpot
11-03-2003, 04:25 PM
reasonable arguments can be made for either of these plays. it also depends on the stack sizes of the limpers. if the limpers are short stacked there is much more to be said for making a small raise so as not to allow SB to take you out if he has aces or kings.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-03-2003, 04:42 PM
A pot-sized raise is 9750. That should scare out the limpers and nobody's going to come over the top without serious firepower (AK probably won't because that hand doesn't really want you to call).

Of course when someone does come over the top, that's a huge laydown to make, but he'd still have 12x BB left. Tough decision. It's hard to *not* lose with QQ.