PDA

View Full Version : GC owes me for a broken mouse..........

lorinda
11-03-2003, 06:56 AM
TGC, having coerced me against my will to play their site owes me for a new mouse.

After taking one beat too many at limit holdem (A game I can't play) I elected to smash my mouse into my keyboard.

This had the effect of sending the mouse to the other side of my bedroom and crashing into the radio.
At some point on its journey, the tabs that hold the bottom in snapped off and now it is dead.

As if this were not enough, the cable dragged my coke off its resting place and it proceeded to empty itself all over the floor.

Not wishing to be left out, the keyboard took off, taking my magic practise deck with it and smashed into the monitor.
This was better timing than i had planned.

I am currently missing the following items:
- A mouse bottom that stays fixed
- A "9" key for my keyboard
- A spring for my spacebar
- 2 Magic: The Gathering cards
- A full can of coke
- $23.54

Of course, this must be the fault of the software, there is no other explanation.

When I smash my mouse into my keyboard on other sites, this doesn't happen, it must be rigged.

(For those who doubt, I timed out next hand because I couldn't move the pointer on my screen and then left the table as i managed to exit, unfortunately without saying goodbye to what was a fun table)

Other than that, I must admit the promotion has been good fun and it has been great talking to everyone.

My genuine thanks to TGC for hosting the IOC.

Lori

pokerwhore
11-03-2003, 07:05 AM
thats why ya didnt say good bye!

Gomez22
11-03-2003, 07:25 AM
Thank god I'm not the only one who gets to feeling like this when little fishies steal the bait......... I didn't do anything like that, lori, but I DID have to get up and bang on the wall a couple of times.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I DID catch an ace on the river for the nut open ender, which I misplayed terribly, but somehow managed to win...... maybe the little fishies aren't the onyl ones to suck out?

Have a good one, and hope you get a new mouse soon /images/graemlins/grin.gif

'Mez

HavanaBanana
11-03-2003, 08:34 AM
Ah, knew there were some +EV to my call your UTG raise with my 78s, Sad you had to leave the table like that, but it could have been worse, I have never broken my mouse, but twice spilled Coke on my keyboard, and it is enraging to see letter after letter go 'ddddddddddddddddddddddddddd' and then die, until all you can do is to cut and paste every letter from some old text.

A player I used to play a lot with claimed that he had a box of cordless mice, and that he needed it cause I had caused him to throw 4 in the wall, reminds me when I used to play pool, and a couplle 'good' players got so angry from losing to a 'fish' that they broke their multihundred $ valued cues.

I'm up a single digit $ amount right now, looks like a looong day lol
As always Great fun to play the 2+2 ers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gaming Club
11-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Dear Ms. L. P-Bah

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, this must be the fault of the software, there is no other explanation.

When I smash my mouse into my keyboard on other sites, this doesn't happen, it must be rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

We strenuously deny your scurrilous and defamatory allegations, and have instructed our lawyers, the esteemed firm of Great, White, Shyster and Shark LLP to institute proceedings against you and your errant rodent.

As damages we are seeking financial reparation of $0.07 (being the amount of rake we lost when you couldn't bet any further on that hand), as well as unspecified punitive damages for mental anguish, pain and suffering.

We are however, without prejudice to our rights in law or otherwise, prepared to consider a settlement offer from you. First prize would be dinner and a movie, failing which we'll othewise accept a glossy 2x4 of you and your mouse with your phone number on the back together with lots of little kissy x x x's.

[ QUOTE ]

Other than that, I must admit the promotion has been good fun and it has been great talking to everyone.

My genuine thanks to TGC for hosting the IOC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Our pleasure -- glad you're enjoying it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Graham
11-03-2003, 10:57 AM
A mouse bottom that stays fixed

Superglue.

Cyndie
11-03-2003, 10:58 AM
love how things just happen, Lori...obviously the keyboard, mouse, coke, Magic cards and whatever had opinions of their own...interesting world, and very clever story!

I can almost guarantee the spring will resurface...next time you walk barefoot across the floor, and after you stop the bleeding, you will realize that you will never get it back in the keyboard the way it was originally, but you will spend about $15.00 worth of time trying.

I didn't know that Murphy's laws were British too.

Joe Tall
11-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Your Highness,

I think you should try to Enjoy a Bad Beat. (click here) (http://www.riveredagain.com/articles.htm#Tall_Enjoy_a_Bad_Beat)

Hope you CPU is back soon,
Joe Tall

jasonHoldEm
11-03-2003, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2 Magic: The Gathering cards

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.

I once became enraged when a superfish drew out on me with a two outer (this was before I became the zen master that I am now). At the time I was given to physical outbursts and picked up the nearest object to me (which was happened to be a deck of bicycle cards) I stood up and threw the deck of cards into the wall across the room.

As soon as I released the deck of cards I realized I had made a poor choice in my hasty search for a projectile. About half way to their intended target the deck of cards escaped from the confinment of the rubber band surrounding them and began to spread into a very interesting "wave" of cards before smashing into the wall and splattering all over the other side of the room.

To this day I am still missing the Kc and 8h from this deck.

jHE

Ro-me-ro
11-03-2003, 12:03 PM

thomastem
11-03-2003, 12:20 PM
With Bulls and Wildabeast running through my living room I had to ruggedize all my pc equipment. NASA sells that stuff that blows up and allows things to crash land on planets without hurting even a pelican. I don't have that but figured I'd mention it anyways.

thomastem
11-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Rodents are varments and I only have critters. No gerbils besides I believe Lorinda would get more use out of the stud bull than she would a gerbil. If the Bull isn't to her liking I have some well bread sheep or if she wanted to really take a walk on the wild side I could send the Bull, the bison in heat and 4 sheep. My rooster stays home though as he is still mourning the loss of the chicken.

Chris Parsley
11-03-2003, 01:38 PM
hint use a wireless mouse like I do ;-)

Head of the FreeRoll Players League
http://www.freerollplayers.com

MS Sunshine
11-03-2003, 02:15 PM
"For those who doubt..."

Yes, some of us do. IMO, this claim of damages is a tissue of lies.

First:

"the cable dragged my coke off its resting place and it proceeded to empty itself all over the floor."

I do not believe the can of coke emptied itself all of over the floor as you say. I believe that a reasonable person would have reached for the can of coke first, thus leaving some, never the less now flat, coke left in the can.

Second:

"- A full can of coke"

A FULL can? I think not. Who doesn't take the first perfect sip when they first open the can?

The only thing I believe to be true in this post is your admission that YOU cannot play limit hold'em.

MS Sunshine

p.s. If you happen to have a Logiteck keyboard and do not find that pesky 9 key, I'm missing a F1 key. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tiltboy
11-03-2003, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We strenuously deny your scurrilous and defamatory allegations, and have instructed our lawyers, the esteemed firm of Great, White, Shyster and Shark LLP to institute proceedings against you and your errant rodent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bah, my crack team of lawyers from the firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe will make mincemeat of your ambulance chasers.

Drunk Bob
11-03-2003, 11:00 PM
You go girl!