PDA

View Full Version : All-in with JJ good or bad?

Eric P
11-03-2003, 02:27 AM
Playing in a seven handed single table tourny at my friends house this afternoon the following hand came up

blinds: 100-200
My stack 4400
avg probably about 3000 with five people left

UTG + 1 rasies it to sevenhundred (he's done it with KT etc...) but i felt he was fairly weak, and he only had about 1100 left after making this raise, i get JJ and move allin. I would say about 90+% of the time this raise will get the pot heads up. SB calls for some small amount then big blind calls and original raiser mucks. BB had aces, but i turned my jack, but then he rivered the A. Raiser then told us he had AJ. Anyways what do you think about my raise knowing that SB had 1500 and BB had 3600.

I only ask because i raised without considering anything

Stew
11-03-2003, 07:53 PM
I think it's a horrible play, personally. You should have re-raised about another 1000, enough to force the original raiser all in if he calls, but not enough to destroy your stack, that way if you get re-raised, you aren't pot comitted (with 1700 in, you still have T2700). There's no doubt you want this head to head, but not with a player after you, you want everyone else out and head to head with original raiser. If you get called or raised pre flop from someone acting after you, then you are in trouble and I'd muck.