PDA

View Full Version : here fishy fishy fishy ... GC OIC kicks off

Gaming Club
11-03-2003, 02:06 AM
Hi All

We chained the analysts, developers and designers to their desks over the weekend and cracked the whip, and now we're pretty much ready to go.

Leaderboard
To start with, you'll find the leaderboard at www.gamingclubpoker.com/oic (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/oic)

Before you all rush off and visit it, please bear in mind the following:

1. For the time being, it will be updated once a day, and since the event has only just begun you obviously won't see any movement on it until this time tomorrow.

So if you do check it out, don't expect any fireworks. The names are in no particular order (congrats anyway to tiltboy as the randomly chosen leader at the start /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

We're working on speeding up the refreshing, but as noted elsewhere we want to make sure we can do this without impacting on game play in any way (snapshotting balances potentially burdens the db servers), so bear with us.

2. The leaderboard works on a mix of automated and honor systems. In particular, you need to declare the amount of your non-OIC bankroll, which at this point is by definition your total bankroll less $50.

If you play outside of the OIC at any time during the competition and your non-OIC bankroll changes, please visit the leaderboard page and make a new declaration. Note that we can audit these numbers but we only intend doing so if any complaints or suspicious behaviour surfaces, so hopefully this approach will help maintain some of the spirit of the original OIC.

3. The leaderboard will display only your 2+2 alias, but requires your GC poker account in order to log in -- there are instructions on the page if you don't know where to find this.

4. Last, we've bug tested this thing as far as we think possible, but no doubt one of you is going to find something we've missed. Feel free to flame us if you do, but try not to be too nasty since some of the techies are sensitive types who cry easily /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Other miscellanea

1. We're happy to accept late entries (come on daryn, no need to be scared /images/graemlins/smile.gif), and will still credit the $50 bonus until the 500 entrants limit is reached (still a long way off -- list is currently just shy of 160)

2. We're still processing a few last minute entries, so if you're not shown a ranking or can't log on, don't panic. Once the $50 is in your account you're automatically entered so if you can't see yourself there today you will tomorrow.

3. (OT) For those of you still waiting for feedback on Cup's RAF bonuses, hang in there we will be speaking to him around 6AM his time and should get it sorted shortly thereafter if not before.

4. (OT) Save us all the pain and please don't forget the cashout limitations -- 100 raked hands on the $50 OIC bonus. If you got the RAF bonus as well, that requires a $30 purchase and 150 raked hands. Don't ask us how we'll work out which one you can cash out if you play between 150 and 250 raked hands /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... we'll work something out.

5. (slightly less OT) Apologies again for not being as quick to the draw for the results of the pre-event (altho it looks like pokerwhore was the only one to mount a serious challenge on the $2k target - well done), but hopefully you all agree that the main event correctly took top priority. We will announce results for the pre-event as soon as possible -- hopefully within the next 24 hours.

Any questions or comments, post away. Good luck everybody! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JTG51
11-03-2003, 02:22 AM
Am I allowed to enter a negative number for my non-OIC bankroll since I lost money before it started? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gaming Club
11-03-2003, 05:20 AM
Nice try /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cyndie
11-03-2003, 06:57 AM
I do want to thank TGC for a fun event to watch...but it was more fun to play the game I know and win two hundred in a short time, so I think I will stick with stud for a while longer. I know the game is dying, but I will play while I can. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jek187
11-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Are you aware that "n/m" means "no message?"

It does not mean "no message over 55 words and one winking smiley."

HavanaBanana
11-03-2003, 08:49 AM
No, for Cyndie it must mean 'No Mercy' cause she is chopping down the Studs.
(On a Side Note when Duran begged 'No Mas' in a boxing fight it was the most honorless thing I ever saw)
Or maybe she has gotten a clue and is warning the 2+2 ers that you can 'Never Mind' the post?

Cyndie
11-03-2003, 10:27 AM

Graham
11-03-2003, 10:50 AM
On a Side Note when Duran begged 'No Mas' in a boxing fight it was the most honorless thing I ever saw)

You think so? At least he has the honour of being smart enough not to be brain damaged by continuing. He gets my respect for at least acknowledging he was being peppered. I don't see that as honourless.

daryn
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
there's nothing honorless about surrendering in a fight

lorinda
11-03-2003, 01:03 PM
there's nothing honorless about surrendering in a fight

Reminds me of one of my favorites, I only post this because I know you are not easily offended.

Q. What is your favorite Italian wine?

A.

"Perleeza, donta keel me."

Lori

(Any anti English jokes welcome)