PDA

View Full Version : Easy Hand quiz - What's everybody got?

mauisupaman
11-03-2003, 12:48 AM
OK, 3-6 party. Full table, very aggressive and loose. Tons of raising. Just the way I like it.
Here's the way the hand played (What was MP1, button, and myself holding?):

5 limpers, I complete the SB, BB checks.

FLOP: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet out, 3 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls 2, button calls 2.
I reraise, MP1 calls, MP2 calls. Then button comes to life and caps it? All call

TURN: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet out to figure out where I am. MP1 raises, MP2 gets out, button makes it 3.
I call 2, MP1 caps, button calls and I call.

River: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-9 /images/graemlins/club.gif-Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, MP1 checks?, button bets.
I check-raise, MP1 folds, button calls.

What's my hand, and what does MP1 and button hold?
Answer tommorow evening. Thanks for playing.

Robk
11-03-2003, 01:38 AM
You have 88 or TT.

Button has ks Js.

MP has QJ.

Bob T.
11-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Adam = TT,

MP1 = KJ

Button A /images/graemlins/spade.gifX /images/graemlins/spade.gif I like his hand even more if he had A9 of spades.

GuyOnTilt
11-03-2003, 02:13 AM
You have either QTs or 88.
Button has KJ of spades or AJ of spades.
MP has KJ.

Hotrod0823
11-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Just a guess but:

SB : QTo

Button : A/images/graemlins/spade.gif X/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1: KJo

me454555
11-03-2003, 03:29 AM
You: 88
MP1: J9s
Button: Ax spades

mauisupaman
11-03-2003, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1: J9s

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that J9 suited or J9 spades? I don't think MP1 would fold J9 spades no matter how much we raised him.

me454555
11-03-2003, 04:06 AM
suited. not spades. I thought he flopped the strait

mauisupaman
11-03-2003, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button : A /images/graemlins/spade.gif X /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Button would've been playing his flush draw pretty hard there. I can see him pushing it maybe if he had A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif came on the river.

GuyOnTilt
11-03-2003, 04:13 AM
You have either QTs or 88.
Button has KJ of spades or AJ of spades.
MP has KJ.

I'm narrowing down my answer for the Button. I think he has KJ spades here, not AJ.

mauisupaman
11-03-2003, 04:30 AM
MP1 would've been hurting to throw away a big turned nut straight like that if he held KJ. He was getting something like 13:1 to call two cold. Good answer for the button, you got the cards, but not the suits.

huzitup2
11-03-2003, 08:58 AM
What are . . .

You - J 9 spades (nh if I am correct)

M/P - J X

BUT - As Q?

Did I make it to "final jeopardy" ?

- H

If I missed, I hope I got one of the better parting gifts; I could use an "all expenses paid" vacation.

gonores
11-03-2003, 09:19 AM
The only hand I can put you on is 88 if you are betting out on the turn to see where you are. QQ or TT you would have raised preflop. If you had QTs, T8s, or Q8s you wouldn't have the odds to call on the turn with a potential capper behind you unless one of your opponents is pretty maniacal when you hit your draw.

MP1 had a counterfeit two pair, probably T8, or maybe, just maybe J9.

Button had a jack, probably KJ, with it being suited in spades more likely than other KJ hands.

george w of poker
11-03-2003, 10:46 AM
TT in the sb with 5 limpers plus the BB shouldn't be raised right? With this many people you are looking to flop a set for cheap especially since you have no position. If over cards come on the flop you are probobly screwed. Sklansky says that having JJ in ep you should raise in a tight game and limp in a loose game because you either want few opponents and have it hold up or many oppenents and flop a set (HPFAP 21C pg. 25).

tpir90036
11-03-2003, 11:58 AM
the button has KJ. raising table or not i can't see him making it 3 on the turn on a draw.

i thought you might have been pushing a flush draw from up front....but i am assuming you wanted to check-raise someone on the river who might have just made a flush...which means you filled on up, so you have 88.

i can't quite figure out what MP1 would have that he is willing to fold at this point. i thought he might have been on the Axs draw but that clearly doesn't make sense on the river. T8? 98? don't know.

gonores
11-03-2003, 02:18 PM
I raise with TT in the blinds basically every time. You clearly have the best hand, why pass up the chance to get 3 more BB into the pot before anyone sees the flop? you're going to win more than your fair share of hands here.

Mike28a
11-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Here is my out-on-a-limb guess. Since the table is so aggressive and loose, you don't raise your Q's PF. The button has the nut flush and MP1 finally gave up his flopped straight.

Mike28a
11-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Will there be a prize for the correct respondant?

mauisupaman
11-03-2003, 08:22 PM
I am holding J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for a flopped nut straight and an even bigger rivered nut straight flush. Button was holding KJ off without any /images/graemlins/spade.gif's. MP1 folded on the river, but claims he had J9o and also flopped the nuts. After the hand he starts berating me and calling me a fish. Go figure.

I think I should've bet out on the river, had MP1 call, and hoped the button would reraise so that I could make it 3. What do you guys think? I only CR b/c I thought MP1 would call 2 cold and there might have been a possibility of button reraising.

Ulysses
11-03-2003, 09:53 PM
You have 88.
MP1 has JT.
Button has KsJs.

tpir90036
11-04-2003, 03:05 AM
interesting. your betting the turn to "find out where you are at" threw me off. the only hand that beats you in that spot is exactly KJ. plus you still have a flush draw. i would think i am ahead 90% of the time and would not need to know where i was at.

anyway, seems like you were winning two bets on the river either way given their hands and the scary flush/paired board. that being said, i would bet the nuts out of fear of it getting checked through. ideally someone would have filled up or hit the ace high flush and you could have collected a few extra BBs.