PDA

View Full Version : Need Information Regarding Tournament Protocol

KSU78
11-02-2003, 11:53 PM
I recently played in a tournament. It began with eleven players at several, if not all, fifteen tables. It bothers me a little that we started with more than ten players at the table. But what really got to me was: They maintained eleven players at the table after some players busted out. I don't think this is right but before I open my mouth, I would like to know the opinions of the readers and contributors to this forum on this practice.

Greg (FossilMan)
11-03-2003, 11:51 AM
It is never preferable to play 11-handed, unless the table is big enough to comfortably accommodate all.

However, before I said anything about it to management, I would make sure I'm not in a foul mood about it. I would just say it was very uncomfortable to sit there squeezed around the table, and I had hoped that we would condense to 10-handed tables at the first opportunity. In other words, nicely let them know that you didn't like them maintaining tables at 11-handed.

I suspect they did it because they needed those dealers for something else, or to let them go home earlier than otherwise (i.e., maybe they had already been working overtime, or some such).

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Boss Plunkett
11-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Based on where you are from I assume that you are talking about Canterbury. I play almost all the tournaments. they do often start 11 handed and they stay that way for a while but there is some method to their madness...they are by law only allowed to operate xx number of tables at any one time (they get an exemption for the fall classic) so if the room is full as it usually is during tournaments they want to break tourny tables quick to start up ring games. as soon as they realize that they wont be starting any more ring games they stop the 11 handed play..I too agree it can get annoying especially if you get stuck at a smaller stud table but the run pretty good tournaments that are pretty well organized, also because of their table limit if they didnt seat 11 those players would get shut out...that is why a lot of tourney's sold out this summer because they couldn't go over their table limit.

KSU78
11-03-2003, 11:57 PM
I can take a chill pill now and let it go. It sounds like they need for the state to make changes for their tournaments.