PDA

View Full Version : Should I have bet the river?

Justaloser
11-02-2003, 11:14 PM
$1/2 fairly tight table

I am dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif in LP.

Folded to me. I limp. CO, button and SB fold. BB checks.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

River is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I check.

Should I have bet the river?

BTW
I took it down. BB had K /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

lil'
11-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Open limping from late position is a classic sign of a passive, timid player.

I would bet the river. He's just calling along, and it seems he will call you with many worse hands.

JTG51
11-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Yes, you should bet the river. What indication has BB given you that the A helped?

Your preflop limp isn't good though. It's very rarely correct to open limp from LP. Depending on how late you mean by LP, and how tight the players behind you and in the blinds play, you should either raise or fold preflop.

Joe Tall
11-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Yes, you should bet the river.

However, open limping w/QTo is not a great idea. You should raise of fold it.

Peace,
JT

MaxPower
11-02-2003, 11:46 PM
There are many players who will call to the river if they hit any part of the flop. You should bet against them and most others.

Clarkmeister
11-03-2003, 01:17 AM
Raise or fold preflop. Easy bet on the river. If you aren't going to bet that river with that board, you definitely should be leaning towards folding rather than raising preflop.

gl

GuyOnTilt
11-03-2003, 01:26 AM
You made 2 mistakes: Raise preflop. Make it a rule of thumb not to open-limp from MP or later. If it's all folds to you, you should be raising or mucking. You also should have bet the river: You opponent has shown no indication that he can beat you. You must bet the river for value here.

Bob T.
11-03-2003, 01:52 AM
Yes.