PDA

View Full Version : A Triple Draw A-5 hand

MaxPower
11-02-2003, 08:05 PM
What do you think of my play on the 3rd round?

UltimateBet 3/6 - Triple Draw A-5

MaxPower: 2h Ah 5s Ad 3c

First Round:

UTG calls. UTG+1 calls. MaxPower
raises to $6. ,fold, SB folds.
BB folds. UTG calls. UTG+1
calls.

UTG takes 3 cards. UTG+1 takes 3 cards.
MaxPower takes 1 card.

MaxPower: 2h 5s Ad 3c Kh

Second Round:

UTG checks. UTG+1 checks. MaxPower
bets $3. UTG calls. UTG+1 calls.

UTG stands pat. UTG+1 takes 2 cards.
MaxPower takes 1 card.

MaxPower: 2h 5s Ad 3c As

Third Round:

UTG bets $6. UTG+1 calls. MaxPower
raises to $12. UTG folds. UTG+1
calls.

UTG+1 takes 1 card. MaxPower takes 1 card.

MaxPower: 2h 5s Ad 3c 6h

Final Round:

UTG+1 checks. MaxPower bets $6. UTG+1
folds.

crockpot
11-03-2003, 01:04 AM
i don't like it. even though you achieved the miracle of getting both of them to fold, it seems there is no chance you will get them both out, especially after UTG has stood pat. needless to say you are not raising for value with that hand against a pat bettor and a caller.

interesting play on the part of UTG. i haven't sat at the real money games yet, so i don't know if this kind of thing is common there.

Phat Mack
11-03-2003, 02:50 AM
I like your play better than Crockpot did. You've accounted for three of the A's. You have position. UTG raps pat, but drew 3. Keep betting and keep raising. Nice hand.

dogsballs
11-04-2003, 12:31 AM
I was reading it and thought "nice raise to make him break".

You have the best 4 lo possible (EDIT: almost teh best lo), so will have the best of it if you can make him draw. You know he isn't likely to be smooth at all from the betting. Good aggressive play to make him break a crappy hand.

MaxPower
11-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Thats what I was thinking. I think it is even better because there is a third player in the hand and I have position.

I was suprised that he folded, but i found out later that this player was nuts.

crockpot
11-04-2003, 03:21 AM
i'd just like to clarify that against one player i would like this raise; it's just that you are against two players, one of whom has rapped pat. i don't play A-5 triple draw regularly, but i assume that players who rap pat, bet, and fold to a raise are pretty damn rare.

against a player who's capable of making this move as a bluff, even after you've represented all this power and a third player remains in the pot, then go ahead and raise.