PDA

View Full Version : KQo

brian0729
11-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is EP1

UTG limps, Hero limps, SB raises, UTG calls, Hero calls

Flop(7 SB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero calls

Turn(6.5 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, Hero calls

River(8.5 BB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, Hero calls

I dont have much of read on this person. Is the preflop limp ok here? I thought I was behind and felt like a CS after the flop. Do I do anything differently?

brian0729
11-02-2003, 06:30 PM

Brian
11-02-2003, 06:32 PM
I would've played it the same way.

-Brian

chesspain
11-02-2003, 06:42 PM
This is either a raise or fold from EP, depending on the tightness of the table. Normally, I would fold.

Brian
11-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi Chesspain,

I don't think it's that cut and dry at all. In fact, if you're either raising or folding it from early position, I think you are misplaying it. There are many tables where I'd prefer to limp with it because raising won't thin the field at all. I can't remember the last time I folded KQo in EP actually.

-Brian

MaxPower
11-02-2003, 07:46 PM
I think limping pre-flop is fine.

If you don't want to feel like a calling station you can cap the flop and fold if he bets into you again on the turn (or check-raises you).

If he doesn't have aces, queens, or AQ and is crazy enough to bet into you after you cap the flop, more power to him. He will pay you off eventually.

chesspain
11-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I normally fold KQo in EP because I believe it's hand that doesn't play well multiway, although I'ld be curious what some of you with Pokertracker say about it.

brian0729
11-02-2003, 07:53 PM
I limp from EP and MP most of the time, and think the raise and fold situation is from LP when first in.

chesspain
11-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Why would you fold from LP if you would be the first in?

brian0729
11-02-2003, 08:23 PM
I normally wouldnt this would be a raise in almost all occasions being first in.

Louie Landale
11-04-2003, 02:14 PM
KQo is not "gold" in early position: at best its "bronze". It plays even worse if you are paranoid after the flop. If UTG is pretty tight that you don't want to raise for fear of already being beat, then folding is a prime option for you in that situation.

No kidding: trouble hands and early position don't mix. If YOU feel you are in trouble in early, just pass. Not feeling good about it is an EXCELLENT reason to fold early. It doesn't matter if someone else feels THEY are in NO trouble and will raise.

Anyway, SB probably has you beat. Calling him down is pretty routine; and there are MORE opponents you should fold than opponents you should raise.

- Louie

brian0729
11-04-2003, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, SB probably has you beat. Calling him down is pretty routine; and there are MORE opponents you should fold than opponents you should raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement that is exactly the reason I posted this hand. UTG had 99 and I took it down thats when I labeled him as a just a little LAG