PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods $500+65 NL tourney

daryn
11-02-2003, 12:54 AM
hey, did anyone else play in this? anyone do well? i didn't reach the money but i thought i did well. i went out on a coin flip, my AK vs. JJ.

did anyone see me there? there were a couple of big name players in this one.. i was at a table with paul darden. i'm trying to think back and see if i am happy with the plays i made, and i'm pretty sure i am. here is one...

blinds 75/150, i have about T3000, one of the smaller stacks on the table.. the table has been tight and UTG raises had been getting respect, so as i find 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG, i decide to raise it up, i make it T500 to go.

all fold to darden, who raises enough to put me all in.. all fold to me. i think about it for a while, but i knew i was going to muck it, and i did. what do you think he could have?

he had a huge stack at the table, so i guess it's possible he could just be bullying me with AK, and if i knew he had AK i would have gladly called at that point. the more i thought about it the more i figured he had AA-QQ or something to that effect.

any thoughts?

Mike Gallo
11-02-2003, 01:52 AM
the more i thought about it the more i figured he had AA-QQ or something to that effect.

No offense Daryn, however he could have had a lot more hands than the ones you mentioned.

daryn
11-02-2003, 05:18 PM
no offense taken.

right, he could, but do you call here?

Martin Aigner
11-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Daryn,

no way I would call here. You either have 50/50 or are dominated by a overpair.

BTW, about your original post. You mentionend that UTG raised and you reraised. Blinds were 75/150, so the UTG raise was up to 300 at least and you raised 500. You mean 500 more or up to 500? Either way, I think that even 500 more would be too small for a reraise in this situation. Since I wouldnīt want to commit almost 1/3 of my stack with 77 Iīd call or muck.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

Martin Aigner
11-02-2003, 06:00 PM
I just noticed: In this hand UTG didnīt raise, you only mentioned that UTG raises did get respect. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sorry, I should read the post more carefully.

Best reagards

Martin Aigner

daryn
11-02-2003, 06:24 PM
no, i WAS UTG and raised the big blind , i made it 500 to go.

Martin Aigner
11-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Since UTG raises got lots of respect reraises to UTG raises should get even more respect.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

Mike Gallo
11-03-2003, 12:10 AM
I would never call there. You played the hand fine. You took a stab at the blinds and need to fold to a reraise.

Do you want to go out playing 77? If so you should have raised all in preflop yourself.

daryn
11-03-2003, 12:13 AM
no.. i stand by my decision, just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

how about this one..

the blinds are still 75/150 and i have about 1500 in chips left. a late position player puts in a raise, makes it something like 400. everyone folds to me in the big blind.. i look down and see A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

what's your move?

chesspain
11-03-2003, 01:24 AM
Go all-in!

sdplayerb
11-03-2003, 02:42 AM
yep. no doubt push in.
You only have 10x, which is a small stack. You are almost definitely way ahead or a coin flip. If a coin flip he could fold. And you don't mind the 50/50 with the blinds and needing to get chips here.

And I would have folded the 77 preflop since you have to fold to a reraise and there are too many people left to act.
And with your chip position at that point, you don't want a coin flip. You were either way behind darden or a coin flip.

Toro
11-03-2003, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't have played 77 from UTG, Daryn. I use a little trick to not get tempted to play the low pairs. I look at the first card and if it is 7 or lower, I don't even look at the 2nd card. Of course, this isn't absolute, there may be situations (real short stack) where I would play, but then it would be an all-in bet.

You asked so I'll indulge myself a little. Made the final table and finished 5th. Was happy with the finish since I got to final table with 8th chip count and had to maneuver my way up to get that high. Of course it would have been nice to been hit with the deck and finish higher but I had way more than my share of 2,9 hands.

The experience was great though as myself and Spiro were given a lot of support by a large crowd as we were the only local guys. Amend that, there was one other, Mike May but he busted out 9th, 3rd hand in. He had QQ against Kathy Lieberts JJ. She raised from early position and reraised for all but 7000 of his chips, a big raise since he started with 98000. I don't know why he held back the 7000, maybe to give himself the option of folding post flop if an ace flopped. The flop came K,J,3 and Kathy checked and called after Mike bet his last 7000. Kind of a bad beat considering that Mike would have been chip leader if the hand held up. Big difference between 1st and 9th money, $83,687. Of course no guarantee that he finishes first as Liebert only ended up finishing 3rd.

The finish gives me a little confidence going into the main event which I qualified for by winning an Act III satellite. Good luck and play well.

daryn
11-03-2003, 09:50 AM
wow congratulations, yeah i saw spiro, i love that jacket. how did he do and who won?

Toro
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Spiro busted out just before me at 6th. Huck Seed ended up winning. Key hand, Liebert held A,5, Seed 88. Flop came Q,5,2 and Liebert bet 50000 to be raised 184,000(all-in) by Seed. She called, didn't improve and was crippled after the hand and only ended up finishing 3rd after a massive chip lead.

maniacfrenchman
11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
I was playing in the 1 seat...with darden in the 2 seat on table 30...lost when my AA all in preflop lost to AQ...flop came 2,8,9 turn was j and river was 10...daryn, what seat were you in?

daryn
11-03-2003, 04:13 PM
i was in seat 9. figures because i never saw you.. unless you were still there when i went back to that table to watch a bit later.