PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the straight, never felt good about it.

BottlesOf
11-01-2003, 06:25 PM
I'm dealt T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP.

EP's fold to me, I limp, the next 2 limp, next guy checks (he posted), and button raises. SB folds, BB calls, and all limpers call. 6 to the flop.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checks to me, I bet, MP's call, CO folds, Button calls, BB folds. 4 to the turn.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I check, next guy bets, MP and button fold, I call.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif [6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I check, he checks, I win with my low straight, loser shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I don't like my play on the turn here. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks, you guys are the best.

Louie Landale
11-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Four calls, yuuck. No way to play this one "good".

Notice how much easier (and profitable) this hand would be in late position than early. You raise the flop, call the turn, and bet when they check the river.

Yup, late position is a lot better. THAT's why your open call was pretty marginal.

- Louie

tj00
11-01-2003, 06:44 PM
I would bet the turn call a raise and check call the river or bet the river if there is no raise.

Guido
11-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Preflop: fold this trash
Flop: fine
Turn: bet
River: bet if they only called the turn

Guido

lil'
11-02-2003, 09:53 AM
I don't like open limping from middle position, usually. I don't think it's a horrible limp, especially with the poster in the hand.

Just wondering why you checked the turn. I hope it wasn't because you think you are behind to a flush.