PDA

View Full Version : Counting your mistakes--Relavent?

Redhotman
11-01-2003, 02:22 PM
After a two-hour session I like to go back over each hand and look for obvious/and not so obvious mistakes I made. hands I should have folded, Blinds I shouldnt have defended, ect. My question, does everyone have some of these bad plays?
For instance, someone making 2.5BB/HR at $3/$6, do they have many of these mistakes? Or is it true that at 2.5BB/HR you should have no mistakes?
How many mistakes are considered "expected", even for a good player?

rkiray
11-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Anyone who never made a mistake (if there is such a person) wouldn't be posting in this forum. They'd be playing in the high limit section at The Bellagio.

RockLobster
11-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Hey Red--

I'm not going to try and answer your questions, but I do want to say that you're on the right track. Taking the time to review your play in the hopes of cleaning up future sessions is a great way to increase your hourly rate.

Keep it up.

Louie Landale
11-01-2003, 06:01 PM
You can and should eliminate starting hand "mistakes". You can and should eliminate insufficient pot-odds "mistakes" when you cannot win without improving. Other sorts of "mistakes", such as calling with a small pair because you think he may still be betting over cards are much harder to eliminate.

My guess is that if you make "lots" of these mistakes in a session then you need to adjust.

- Louie

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Red,

After a two-hour session I like to go back over each hand and look for obvious/and not so obvious mistakes I made.

I like what you have done with your game. Excellent idea to break down your game and rebuild it.

For now I offer this advice. Stop cold calling raises preflop. Work on your post flop play. Limit your decisions between raising and folding. Perhaps once in a while you can call but call as a way to trap an opponent.

Keep posting hands.