11-01-2003, 02:07 PM
3/6 Typical AKo BB

4 people limp, Sb completes, I raise.
FLOP
A 3 5 rain
I bet, MP, LP call.

TURN
J
I bet, call, raise, I call, call .... What is your play here?

RIVER
check-call
He turns over A3s for the boat.

jbc
11-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I'm with you here. The reality is, in LL, people are going to see the flop w/ any A, especially when they've already limped. My guess is you knew you were beaten with 2 pair when the turn raise came. But, I would have played it the same way. Damn those small aces!

jbc

brian0729
11-01-2003, 02:21 PM
I posted a hand similar to this last night. I believe in most online games when you raise preflop, an A comes on the board you lead out on the flop and the turn and then get raised, that person eight times out of ten has made at least two pair and is saying nananaana my two pair beats your TPTK, call it down, nicely played

Redhotman
11-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Does anyone think I should have folded? It seems 9 out of 10 times this hand is a loser...

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Does anyone think I should have folded? It seems 9 out of 10 times this hand is a loser...

If this is true, folding the river would be a mistake.

brian0729
11-01-2003, 02:29 PM
Smarter minds than I will have to try this one. It looks in these situations that you should fold to the turn raise, but the first time you do anybody at the table paying attention will start to notice you are folding to turn raises for one bet. You open yourself up for my steals at you. Thats why I think you call down in these cases. I could be way off though.

Redhotman
11-01-2003, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Smarter minds than I will have to try this one. It looks in these situations that you should fold to the turn raise, but the first time you do anybody at the table paying attention will start to notice you are folding to turn raises for one bet. You open yourself up for my steals at you. Thats why I think you call down in these cases. I could be way off though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that is what runs through my mind. I dont want people bluffing me.

brian0729
11-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Huh? I dont get it please enlighten?

P.S.-Sure you play at a table with Thing and Groove, but when I sit down you take off right away. Did me posting UTG like a dumba$$ scare you away /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Assuming there was a $3 rake on this hand, there's 13 BB's in the pot after the turn. So when his opponent bets, he's getting 14:1 on his river call. So if, as he said, his hand seems to be a loser 9 out of 10 times, he'll lose 1 BB 9 times, and win 14 BB's once, netting him 5 BB's after 10 occurrances. So he's gaining .5 BB's every time he makes that river call.

PS. I didn't notice you at any tables I was at yesterday. You should've spoken up!

brian0729
11-01-2003, 02:56 PM
That makes sense and I should have done the math, good post.

P.S. I sat down and noticed you were there. I said hello, you didnt respond and about three hands later you sat out and left, I sort of thought you were playing multiple tables and were just busy.

Mike Gallo
11-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Redhot,

I most likely might have reraised the turn. I think you played the hand fine.

I would have worried more about AJ than A3.

Keep posting hands.

GuyOnTilt
11-01-2003, 08:02 PM
I most likely might have reraised the turn.

He didn't say what type of player his opponent was (very immport information, btw), but if we assume he's a typical Party 3/6 player, I think 3-betting the turn is a mistake. Given that our hero has shown aggression on every street, the average loose/passive 3/6 oppponent is not going to raise the turn without more than just an Ace most of the time. The small part of the time that our hero is ahead is why he calls down, but he should not 3-bet, especially since he's out of position. If he had position, if wouldn't be HORRIBLE to 3-bet, fold to a cap, and check through on the river, but I don't think that would be better than just calling down either.

Eihli
11-01-2003, 08:04 PM
I would have played this the exact same way. I don't know how 3/6 plays, but at .5/1 and 1/2 I've seen people make plays like this with any ace and I'd always call it down hoping to have them outkicked.